3.

I caught up to niki and Jacob as they walked into the canteen. I tried to find Erica in the crowd of black but when everyone is wearing similar clothes and many have blue hair it was impossible. We sat down at the table with the other transfers. The Stiff looked lossed at the food choice as he sat right across from me..

"Andrew, right?" I asked while putting potatoes on my plate.

"Just Andy." He said pouring water in to his silver mug.

"Here. Try this. And this." I told him as I plopped down a burger patty and smotherd it in gravy.

"Thanks?" He trailed off.

"I am Ann. This is Jacob and Niki. I am nicer of them both." I said with a laugh.

"Hey. I am nice." Jacob exclaimed.

"Right. Mr. Know it all." Niki said with jab to his side.

I laughed. Today felt good. I didn't think to much about my tramua. I may have gotten Amity on my aptitude test. Dauntless was where I'd find myself again.

"Did you hear that Tris and Four were both offered leadership positions but turned them down." Jacob whispered after they had entered while holding hands.

"Really? Why would they do that?" I asked watching them sit down with a few older dauntless.

"I have no clue. But I know they will kill us. They were both 1st in their initiations." Jacob whispered

"I am never going to make it." Andy said looking disheartening at his food.

"Don't say that. We will all help. Right guys?" I said and gave them a 'you better say yes' look.

Both of just smiled and nodded. Andy just smiled slightly and started eating. He had bright green eyes that sparkle as he joined our conversation.

I saw a tall black man stand up. He must be Max. He had the same neck tattoos that Eric has.

"Welcome to Dauntless initiates. These next 10 weeks are going to push you to your limits then past your limits. Once you past those limits is when you are truly Dauntless. We are doing things a little different this round. After your first week of training your instructors will be picking one person to train. Uriah, Lauren and Zeke will each pick one of the dauntless Born's while Tris, Four and Eric will each pick one transfer. This is an opportunity to prove you want to be here. Make us proud." He hollered over the hushes voices.

A bunch of of dauntless started banging the table with fist, plates even their full cups. It sounds pure chaos. Some of the dauntless picked up a few of the transfers and passed them over each other.

I smiled. Truly smiled. Even on the face of Chaos I feel calm. Safe. Something I didn't feel at Amity for the last 3 months. Dauntless is my home.

After the Chaos calmed down and we headed out we caught up with Erica. I introduced Erica and Andy as we walked up the stairs to the stores. We spread out as we looked for our right sizes.

Finding clothes for someone who is 110 and 5' foot sucks ass. They has almost nothing. I got 4 pairs of joggers and some leggings. The shirt selection was almost nonexistent. I found some smalls in a few black and dark red tanktops and a hoodie is but that was it.

While everyone had to 4 bags I only had 2. We all split when we got back to the dorms. I grabbed the truck that was under my bed and split the clothes by category and I placed the black boots I got it the end of the bed for easy access.

It isn't much but it is enough. I laid back on the cot and looked up at the cement ceiling and sighed. I am here to protect myself. No one protected me at Amity so I took it into my own hands. I felt myself slowly dift off to sleep with the murmers and snores from the transfers around me.