33.

I don't think I have ever gotten dress so fast.  I threw on a black pair of jeans with a black hoodie. I was fumbling with trying to get my gun hoslter to lay right but it wasn't. 

"Fuck!" I yelled as it at sideways for the 3rd time.  Eric looked up from placing his guns into his holster.  He kneeled in front of me and fixed it.  "Thank you."

He placed a kiss on my thigh right above the holster and looked up at me.  Even with the tension of the war raging on Abengation right now.  Eric on his knees in front of me made me feel invincible. I put both hands on the side of his face and he leaned his head into my left hand.

"Promise me that you won't do anything stupid." I said to him with a pleading voice.  I couldn't loose him. He kissed my palm and stood up grabbing my hands softly.

"I promise if you do." He said and I nodded my head and he kissed me with so much force it nearly made me step back. The love.  The terror.  The kiss made me pull back gasping.   We are about to go to war.

He didn't say anything more as he placed a .9mm into my holster and slid 4 full magazines into the small clips attached to it.  I attached my knives along with the ones he gave across both thighs. 

We both all but ran down to the pit where there was rows of dauntless holding weapons listening to Max name places to enter.  We walked up with Uriah and took stances on either side of max watching the grim faces of the people listening to our updates.

"This is war.  We have trained for this.  We move out in 5." Max yelled and everyone scattered.  I move to Eric's side and he immediately took my hand. Max didn't need to say anything as he started to walk away but we all followed. 

Max grabbed a large rifle and passed it to me before grabbing one and handing it to Eric. I grabbed a large magazine and placed it on my belt for easy access and looked at Eric doing the same.

I was feeling uneasy as we started climbing into the trucks. Eric was keeping his face neutral as he helped me sit in the front but he didn't climb in next to me.  He closed the door and climbed on the step and held onto the lip of the door.  I rolled the window down as Max sat in the drivers seat. Uriah and Marlenesat in the back behind us as dauntless members spread into the back of the truck.

"We are going in hot.  We are immediately hitting the fight." Max said as he started the engine and pulled away. He wss flying through the deserted streets.  They must have locked down the city. I had a fear that Eric would fall so I grabbed his belt.   More for my sense of security than his.

We arrived in less that 3 minutes and it looked like a blood bath. There was already a layer of grey laying down with red splashing their clothes.  Smoke in the air from burning buildings.

A mix of people running around with different guns were shooting wildly. You can tell that they are untrained but are armed none the less.  The Abengation were helpless and their leaders were no where to be found.  They must be hiding while their people die.

  Eric jumped down before the truck stopped and immediately started picking off the factionless that were now swarming the trucks. There was grey swarms of people running  towards us as we flooded in. I didn't stop to think of the bullets flying and hitting people.  I didn't stop even when we followed the retreating memebers of the factionless.  I wouldn't stop until their fire ceased. They are killing innocent people.  Children crying.  Parents dead or pleading to be saved was louder than the gun fire from us and them.

We ran betwen buildings shuffling people back towards the trucks while the dauntless not fighting got them out. We were weaving and shooting. There were a couple that had my knife through their eye or hands.  But I was staying. Close to Eric and max.  Just like they told me to do in the truck.  Max didn't think it was smart to separate the leaders competely.  We finally pushed the factionless together and toward the main sector of Abengation.