16.

We stood by the edge waiting for Max to arrive. It was cold enough to see our breathes so I am currently wrapped in Eric's blanket.   He had his tablet out trying trying to see if any of the cameras could get a shot of that angle but none of them were pointed there. It was the perfect spot.

Max finally arrived but he brought Derek and another leader who's name i think is Greg.

"What is the alarm?" Derek asked totally not interested in what we found. I frowned and looked at Eric.

"We figured out how the person smuggling guns to dauntless is hiding from us. You see when you stand anywhere up here you can't see about 5 feet of the tracks because it is being blocked by that small overhang. And none of the cameras point in that direction. For months we have had a blind spot and it took an initiate to find it." Eric explained and pointed out the spot and showed the tablet to the other leaders. Max looked at ne surprised.

"You found this blind spot?" He asked and I blushed with all their eyes on me.

"Um yeah. Eric explained there is some suspicious things going on. And we were looking out and I noticed the overhang." I explained not knowing how much I am actually suppose to know.

"You are going to make a hell of a dauntless leader. What is you rank?" Max asked looking over the ledge again.

"Um. Second." I said and met Eric's eyes.  He had a look that was almost pride in them.

"Good.  Keep it up. I want you on this leadership team." Max said pulled out a radio.

"All available units meet at the train tracks. Two come up and replace Eric and Amity." Max said.  I deflated.  I hate that I am still being subjected to my old faction.

"I hope I am not overstepping.  But it's Ann. Just Ann." I say to Max.  "I have been here long enough to know that I do not belong to that faction anymore."

"Watch it." Eric said in a warning voice. He sounded angry.  I look to him quickly and he has his face set in his usual menacing straight face.  It took everything in me not to cower away.  I look back at Max and he had an eyebrow raised.

"No.  It's fine. She's right. She belongs here. She should be called nothing more than her name." Max said and smiled.  I don't think I have ever seen him smile.  I smiled back and out if the corner of my eye I watch as Eric relaxes. He didn't drop his menacing face but I see his eyes flash to me with pride.

"Come.  We have work to do." Max said and beacon us forward.  I stop and grab my bag as Eric grabs the rifle he placed next to it. I shoved Eric's blanket into the bag and followed Max.  Eric was behind me keeping himself between me and Derek.  Derek still had a nasty bruise on his face.  Serves him right.

We passed by Four and Tris they must be the ones relieving us. I smiled as I thought about how I looked.  Here I am 5'0 walking in a group of men that range from 5'10 to 6'1. We followed Max all the way down to the train tracks. There were probably 15 people standing around.

"Okay listen up. There has been someone smuggling guns to the factionless. We don't know who. We have caught them on camera but not their face. We have this blindspot that we cannot see from cameras and that we can not see from patrols.  I am going to be assign three people to be rotating this sections every 8 hours. I am also installing cameras here.  We are going to catch the son of a bitch." Max explained to the group standing in front of us. They all looksd warily around at eachother.  As if they don't trust eachother.

"I know it is none of you.  I have had you watched for the last week." Eric said hardly. I looked up at him. I probably shouldn't think that him acting like a leader is hot.  But I do. I was standing so close to him I could feel his warmth through his hoodie.