6.

The rest of the week went the same. Learning to fight and getting my ass beat. I am so sore. I lost every fight after mine and Niki's. Except for when I went against Andy. Andy has been up early to workout with Tris. But I did give Ian and Jacob a run for them money. I fought against Jack today and now I am nursing a bruised side and a bruised jaw. Eric stopped the fight before Jack stomped on my head.

Eric has done that twice this last week. I sat down next to Niki on the bench. She has won against Jacob. I think he is starting to develop a crush on her so he went easy. I am in 15th place still. So close but so far away from where I want to be.

"Initiates. Stand and gather around." Four yelled and motioned for us to gather around him and Tris.

Me and Niki made it slowly across the room. We shoved our way to the front and stood in front of them. They did not say anything. They just stood there. For what seemed like forever. Until a door opened. In walked Eric and Max. That is weird. We rarely see Max. He usually stays locked away on his office.

"Initiates. You have finished the first week with us. This initiation we are allowing each instructor to train one of you. I am here to explain how this will go. Not only will you be doing their early morning workouts you will be going "missions" or doing their normal patrols. For example Eric here does shifts from midnight to 6 am. So you would be running on about 3 hours asleep a night. While Tris works in the tattoo parlor with Tori but is also here every morning and night training. Four works in intelligence. He spends most of his time here or in the server room. You will learn how to code serums, how to control the cameras. Everything about the behind the scenes in dauntless. These may seem lighter than Eric's but they have their own difficulties. Do not take these lightly or slack off. The moment you do. You are done here." Max explained to all of us. We all look at each other wearily.

"Done here?" Ian asked. I flinched. No one should question Max.

"Yes. You get to join the factionless." Eric said with a warning tone. He met my eyes and they had a small gleam in them.

"Well, I am sure your instructors are eager to pick their initiates. Do us proud." Max said with a nod before he left. Alone.

"I am going to be picking Jacob. He seems to be have a good head on his shoulder. And that he won't be bored with sitting at a tattoo parlor all day." Tris said first.

"I think I'll take Niki. She seems to need to extra... Umf in her training." Four said. I sighed relieved. I know Eric is going to pick on of the men. He already has been more involved with Ian's training and had been running with most of the other male initiates. I am not missing sleep. I am already tired enough with our 7 hour sleep schedule.

"I am going to take Ms. Flowerpower. I want to break the Amity that still shines through her out." He said with an evil grin.

"Excuse me?"

"What?" Me and Ian said at the same time. It seems like we were thinking the same thing.

"You heard me. I am taking Flowerpower as my trainee." Eric said.

Shit. Who knew being kind was cause for this. Tris was strict but kind. So was Four even though he was scary as fuck. But Eric. He had an aura of evil surrounding him and I was going to be stuck with him for the next 7 weeks. Alone. Every night. A week ago I'd probably be okay with being stuck with a hot leader from Dauntless. But getting to watch the way he enjoys the bloody battles that happen in the pit or the joy he gets when one of us passed out got me over the attraction for him out... Well some what. Part of me thinks thay under the steel wall he has up that he is kind and boyish. He is only 22. Maybe it is the 18 naïve amity girl in me. But I plan on breaking him. Seeing who Eric Coulter really is.