8.

I follow Eric through the compoud. I caught a glimpse of a clock 11:48. Almost midnight. Looks like a no sleep night for us. I followed Eric into a part of dauntless I hadn't been to before. It had a hallway that broke off to the left and right. To the left there was 5 doors and same on the left. Eric placed his hand on my lower back and ushered me to the left. The second door on the left hand hall had a gold plate that read E. Coulter. Eric placed a key in the lock and opened the door.

It wasn't huge. But it was nice. There was a black sofa sitting in front of a big window. The moon shining through. He turned on the light in the small kitchenette and it illuminated more of the living space. There was a small bookshelf that was overflowing with books and a small table with 2 chairs. There was two doors on the far wall. Probably to his bedroom and his bath. I took in every thing. It fit him. I looked up and saw him watching me with his hands holding out a mug to me.

"Oh. Thank you." I said and took the mug It was coffee which I was thankful for because his apartment seemed even colder than outside.

"Here. Sit. I'll grab the cream." He motioned to his sofa.

I sat and saw that there was a throw blanket resting on it, I pulled it over my lap and looked out the window. You couldn't really see the city but it had an amazing view of the sky. When Eric was in a good mood I would teach him about the constellations and he would teach me fighting moves.

I sipped the hot drink as Eric came out of the bathroom carrying a circular container. His steps hesitated when he started to come around the sofa. I am not quite sure why. He sat down next to me with the cream and his coffee. He handed me the cream.

"Just rub some of this on the spot a couple times a day and it will help. And this is the best for large tattoos." He said in between sips.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked as I sat the cream and mug down on the end table next to the sofa and turned to face him with hands in my lap .

"Depends on the question." He said and turned to me slightly with his arm in the back on the sofa barley touching my arm. But it was enough for me. I can't be thinking if him like this. Plus. Look at him. He can have anyone. Anytime. He does not need a damaged Amity girl.

"So are your going to ask your question or?" He said in an annoyed tone.

"Out of all the transfers. Why did you pick me? I mean I may want a leadership role. But I mean let's be honest I am not leadership material." I rushd out quickly. This has been a thing that been bugging me since we started this.

"Well I did it because even when Four and even Tris saw you as just another transfer I could tell that even though you hate it. Your are willing to hurt people. You do it because you have a goal and you may not be able to win your last fight you still have stages two and that is when most Amity transfers actually thrive because you learn at a young age to meditate and control your breathing. You deserve to be here." He said sincerely with a smile. He rubbed my arm slightly with his thumb and I smile down at my hands with a small blush.

"Are your excited for visiting day tomorrow?" Eric asked changing the subject.

"I don't plan on even going. My parents would be stupid for coming." I said pulling the blanket around me almost likea shield. I still feel his hands when I talk about. I hear my voice begging for him to stop. The pain. The pain was unbearable. It felt like I was split in two. I didn't even realize I had a tear falling down until Eric wiped it away. I jumped back and hit his hand with my shaking hands. Sometimes I can do so well. And then it is like I am back at the beginning. Where anyones hands were a threat.

"I have to go." I trembled as I stood up. I wrapped the blanket around me without thinking.

"Ann. Wait." Eric said as I started for the door.

I felt him grab my arm and I flung my other hand out causing the blanket to fall. My fist made contact with his nose and he immediately let me go. I didn't even feel remose. Not in my state right now. I picked up the blanket and ran out of the apartment leaving Eric groaning.

I continued running until I made it up the stairs to the roof. Tris was there. She must have taken the shift tonight. She turned around and took in my destressed look and placed the gun she was holding down.

"Ann. Are you okay?" She asked approaching me cautiously.

I just broke down crying. I fell to my knees with Eric's blanket wrapped around my shoulders. She sat do an next to me and went to place her arms around me but I placed an arm up.

"Please don't." I said and curled up around myself.

"Do you want to talk? Did something happen at the game? Four said your team won." Tris asked.

"No. The games were fun. Just visiting day is bring back some really bad memories. I had some flashbacks from something that happened to me. I punched Eric on the nose becaue I got spooked." I explained flexing my hand that now hurts a little.

"You were raped." Tris said with a sad voice.

I just stared at her. I tried to curl up nore under her gaze. It wasn't pity it was more like understanding.

"How did you know?" I asked looking in her eyes.

"I was assulted during my inituation and if it wasn't for Four interfering I would be dead and possibly worse. I know it isn't the exact same but I do know how recovering from it is. I don't know how long its been but I promise it does get better. You can look them in the eye and say 'you didn't break me'. Once you take back that power it will get better. I am guessing they are from Amity. I promise you that you are safe here. They have no power over you. Ann. I need you to take that power back." Tris said to me at the end she reached out her hand.

I shakily placed my hand in hers. She helped me up and handed me a tissues from her pocket. I wiped my face and blew my nose.

"Now. I am sure you left Eric's pretty upset right?" She asked and rubbed my arms

"Yeah. I feel kind if bad. He was worried and I literally decked him." I said and played with the ends of the blanket.

"Okay. How about you go back to the dorms and I'll talk to him. I won't tell him. Just you rest. And remember if you aren't ready to see them you don't have to. You can skip tomorrow." She said with a soft smile.

"Thank you Tris." I told her walked away.

As I walk through the pit I thought about what Tris said. She is right. From the moment I picked Dauntless my father had no power over me. He has no way to control me. He will never hurt me again.

I bumped into girl that I thinks name is Tori. She did Our dauntless tattoos. I had a thought come to mind and I needed her help.

"Hey Tori. As it to late to get tatted?" I asked touching her shoulder.

"It is never to late follow me." She smiled.

I smiled back and followed her. Walking into the parlor I looked around and found a wall full of flower designs. I picked one that had butterflies and flowers. It is perfect. I picked it up and showed Tori. She smiled and lead me to the back. I am taking my power back. Right now.