28.

Max said that my final test would happen this week but it is Friday and all I have done is been forced to remember what feels like 100 codes for security. I have noticed Eric become extremely jumpy the last few days and has been avoiding me. He says Max has him running interfere with the gun room because there was a break in 2 nights ago. But nothing was taken dince we updated the alarm the moment someone even breathes in there wrong the alarm goes off. Waking up to blaring horns and red lights flashing was not fun. Max had the installed in all of the leadership apartment. Which is also strange to me.

Eric hasn't let me sleep at his place. He comes to mine. Which is odd because I barley have anything except for a couch, a bed, and multple plants. Eric thinks I have a problem but I always took comfort in growing plants around Amity when I was younger. I helped grow a small garden when from the time I was 6 till I defected.

Right now I am in my office going over footage from the last week from the train tracks. The mysterious man has now been leaving without a trace now and I am trying to find anything. I looked up when I heard my door open. It was Eric and he has a soft smile on his face and carrying two mugs.

"One raspberry tea." He said as he handed me a mug.

"You broke into my apartment?" I joked as I sipped the warm drink.

"I hardly call it breaking in when I have a key." He said as he sat down across from me. "Have you found anything?"

"No. I have no clue how he is slipping out. It is driving me crazy." I grumble and got up from my desk.

"We'll find something. He will mess up eventually." Eric said and pulled me in to his lap. I sighed and snuggled into his neck.

"Do you think we'll catch him before something bad happens?" I whispered as I sipped my tea again.

"We will try. But one thing I can promise you is that you will not be hurt." He said and rubbed my back. I leaned back before kissing him softly. He may hold my hand or hold my waist while we were in public but it never did more than that. I think he wants to keep our relationship as private as we can which I totally understand. People have questions about the 24 year old falling for the 18 year old initiate...

"Come on. Lets go get lunch." Eric said pulling me from my thoughts. I got up and stretched.

Before Eric could even stand the door flew open and three big guys came in. Two men flew forward and punched Eric twice each. His lip was busted and he had blood coming from a gash above his eye and he slumped forward with his eyes closed.

"Eric!" I screamed and tried to rush forwards when the tallest one grabbed me and lifted me up before placing a hand over my mouth. I thrashed and didn't take my eyes off if Eric. The other two men picked up Eric and dragged him forward.

I have no clue where they were taking us but it wasn't through the pit. We were climbing down a back hallway and down stairs. I tried biting, hitting, kicking but I couldn't get loose. I couldn't get to my Gun or knives. Eric had woken up a couple minutes ago but he couldn't get loose either. He was constantly looking back to me but I couldn't tell him I was fine since the hand was still slapped over my mouth.

After about 10 minutes we finally got to a bug black room. It had a small chair and table in the middle. It was illuminated with two single light bulbs on either side with a drain in the middle. It smelt awful and I noticed Eric stiffen.

Sitting in the Chair was my mother. She was tied up with a gag in her mouth. She looked terrified and her yellow clothes were wet. I met her eyes in surprise. What is she doing here. I got released and fell to the floot with an oof. Eric was still being held rightly but he finally spoke.