4.

Sleeping in the dauntless compound was so much different. It was completely silent except for the occasional drip of water or snore. But it was the best nights sleep I had in a while. I could not sleep through the night because I was so scared my father would come back for me.

Get woken up by a pipe banging on the metal railing was awful.

"Meet in the pit. Two minutes." Four hollered over the murmurs of the transfers around me. I threw my sheet off and pulled out my black joggers from the trunk of clothes from under my bed. I slept in a tank top with just underwear last night. Being in this stuffy room made everything hot.

I turned to Niki and she couldn't get her head into the right hole. I laughed and crawled across my bed to help her half awake state.

She laughed as I tried to slip shoes on while we all jogged towards the pit.

"Oh shut up. You couldn't get your shirt on." I jabbed as I got my shoe finally on.

We all gathered on front of Four and Tris. Eric was sitting in a wall picking it a callous on his hand.

"Today we start the first stage of initiation. We have 2 stages. Physical and mental. Stage one we are going to test your physical skills. Stage two we will be evaluating your mental strength. We will be putting you through your worst fears." Four explained while motioning for us to follow him.

We followed him into the training room. There were low murmurs as we all looked around the solid concrete room.

"This is where you will be spending all your time for the next 5 weeks. If you are not eating or sleeping we all expect you to be here. Training. Once a week you will have a few. hours a day to do what you want." Tris explained as we started to take a look at the room.

"When do we start?" A candor initiate that I think said his name was Ian.

"Now." Eric said walking into the room.

>>>>

I laid in bed after lunch completely sore. They gave us an hour off after lunch since we had done so much. We started with a 2 mile run that kicked all our asses. Even mine even though I use to run every morning. After we got back Four and Tris started to demenstrate fighting stances and start to teach us how to properly throw a punch.

Me and Jacob got paired up together while Niki and Andy were together. Every time Jacob touched my arm or waist in mock punches I felt my skin crawl and almost felt like I was being burned. No man has really touched me except for a handshake since that night. I can handle a handshake as long as it is quick.

"Are they trying to kill us?" Jacob asked as he tried to stretch out his muscles while he laid between mine and Niki's bed.

"I think so. I can't feel my arms." Niki groaned from her facedown form.

I laughed and groaned as I sat up. I am feeling bad but I have been semi working out for a few months but I am still hurting.

"And just think in about 5 minutes we are going to have to turn around and see what else they are going to be teaching us." I told them and laughed when Niki threw her pillow at me. I threw it back as she sat up. It his her smack in the head.

"Oh shit. Sorry." I laughed again as she dramatically threw herself back on her bed.

"Initiutes. Training room. Now." Eric yelled from the Entry.

We all groaned and got up. I kicked Jacob's snoring figure as we walked by. He jumped and quickly jumped up and straightened his shirt.

"Where are we head?" he asked as we walked up the stairs.

"The torture room." Andy said gloomy from behind us.

He is struggling hard. I can't imagine how his future is going to turn out. If he doesn't put some pep in his step he will be out with the factionless by the end of the week.

"You'll be fine. We will help if we can." I told him with a smile. He smiled back weakly. I felt bad. He will be at the end of the ranks for sure.

"Inituates. Gather around. This is the ranking board. You will be ranked with the dauntless born. Today I put down where I think you are going to place after today. This is your life. This tells you where your future lies here. What jobs you get. The higher you are the better chance you get with having a decent job. The lower? good luck watching the factionless and the Amity pick peaches." Eric explained as the touched a few buttons on the small pad. On the screen there was a long list. I was in the 23rd spot. Jacob ws in the 15th spot and Niki was in 24. In the 30th spot was Andy.

I looked at Niki and I think we had the same thought. We have to get higher. Niki wants to get into intelligence since she is really good with computers and Jacob wants to be an instructor like Four. Andy is still lost it what he wants to do.

>>>>>

We spent the the rest of the day doing mock fights. Today I was paired with a Erudite named Ian. He was annoying. It was constant jokes. I may have hit him harder than intended a few times. On breaks I'd watch people. They were much more curt and mean than I am use to. I have been trained to be nice and I choose the faction that is surrounded by violence. I noticed a few things with me watching people.

Tris seemed to watch Andy and Jacob closely. Four watched Niki and a candor transfer named Nix. Eric liked to watch the big guys. Ian was tall and buff and so was Tomas but he seemed more interested in Tomas.

Tris has come over and given me some tips on how to use my height to my advantage. She is small like me. Just a little taller than me. She gave me some tips on how to use my speed instead of big moves.

Every once and while I'd catch Eric hovering around me and Ian. I think Ian was trying to impress him and threw a real punch at my face. I gasped and stumbled back and grabbed my jaw. It was aching. What a Dick.

"Hey. We are suppose to only be doing mock punches today. We are no where ready for real fighting." Four yelled as he jogged over to me. He removed my hand and took a look at my jaw. I tried not to jerk away from him. My stomach squeezed and I felt sick. I started to count. Until he let go of my chin. "Go grab an ice pack and take 15. And you. You want to fight. Fight me or Eric."

I rubbed my jaw and grabbed an icepack and watched the positions of everyone. I noticed that before Niki throws a punch that she flicks her right hand pointer and thumb fingers together. Jacob steps before he punches. Ian is working with a punching bag and I notice that he licks him lower lip when he punches.

"Notice anything useful?" Eric asked as he stood next to me with his arms crossed.

"Well Niki flicks her fingers together before she punches and Jacob steps. Ian licks his lower lip before he punches. Oh. Andy he flicks his hair to the left before he punches." I relayed and pointed to each person

"Interesting observations. Those will help you later." Eric said and stepped away as Four called me.

I stood and dropped the ice pack on the bench. Four had me work on punches for the rest of the time. I tried to focus on not to give away when I punch.