20: The Erebus Clan

The guys ran down the hallway as the building shook with a low rumble. These shadows weren't just attacking the arena, they were attacking the entire compound. It seemed like Soul wasn't kidding when she said it was going to be a bloodbath. As the trio ran down the hall, the shadows began to bury their way through the walls, shattering the windows.

"Where are we going, dude!?" Rhys shouted at Nate as they ran.

"We're supposed to meet the girls in the yard but Danny is in the arena! We have to get him." Nate responded, no one argued. At that moment, the window in front of them shattered as a body flew through it. It was just another random face they had seen in the halls, but the poor guy had bloody lacerations all over him. He was dead.

"Holy shit, these people aren't fucking around." Rhys said quietly as they paused for a moment.

"Then Danny is in more trouble than we thought, we have to go." Drake said with a small growl.

"Hey!" The boys heads whipped to the source of the voice and halted. It was a guard, the rude and abusive woman from the bus ride here. She was holding up her gun at them. "Back in your rooms!"

"Rhys!" Drake shouted before Rhys took off towards the guard with incredible speed. Drake took a deep breath and spit out a vibrant green liquid which struck true in the guards eyes. She screamed in pain as Rhys leaped into the air until his hands could touch the ceiling. He pushed off the ceiling with his hands and landed his feet hard on the guards chest. The wind was knocked out of her and she was still incapacitated from Drake's spit.

"Let's go!" Rhys said urgently before Drake and Nate continued moving towards the arena. Praying that Danny was okay.

Meanwhile, with the girls.

"Alright girls, I've held up my end. You all get the hell out of here, far away from this place." Ed said to them quietly as he unlocked Nyx and Soul's collars and gave the key to Soul. "For your friends."

"Thanks Ed...words can't express." Soul responded to the guard as she rubbed her neck.

"Just get out of here." He finished before the girls ran down the hall.

"Just one thing, we can't go straight to the yard." Nyx said as the girls ran down the hall.

"What? Why not?" Soul responded in a frustrated tone.

"Because if I know Nate, and I'd like to think I do, he's going to the arena to get Danny. We have to help him." Nyx responded. Soul groaned in annoyance because she knew this meant that she might see her brother again after all this time. As the ladies made their way to the elevators, which were the only way of entering the arena from inside, they all quickly realized that Soul was right. It was a bloodbath. Guards and prisoners alike were left dead where they lied in the halls of the compound.

"Oh my gods...who the hell is your family, Soul?" Nerissa sounded sick as she spoke as the girls came close to the elevators.

"The Erebus clan, ruthless shadow weavers that basically think anyone not gifted doesn't deserve to exist." Soul sounded disturbingly casual.

"That's horrible, but why kill the other prisoners too, if that's what they truly believe?" Nerissa asked.

"Because even if you ARE gifted, you gotta prove you deserve it. There are even some abilities that the Erebus clan deem "unworthy". Sick fucks." Soul grumbled the last bit in response. Coming up on the elevator the three girls remembered something annoying.

"Shit! That's right, the power is out." Soul said as she lightly hit the controls.

"Just get in." Nyx said as she stepped inside the elevator. The other two ladies followed her inside and Nyx took a deep breath. She lifted both of her hands in front of her with her palms facing upward. After a moment, she closed her hands slightly, looking like she was clutching two imaginary apples. Nerissa and Soul felt the elevator shake, followed by another loud bashing and screaming coming from the arena above. Nyx raised her hands upward and the elevator moved up swiftly, causing Nerissa to stumble slightly and grab the safety railing. Once they reached the top, Nyx brought her hands down, turning her palms to face downward as she moved them. Placing an invisible wall under the elevator so it wouldn't move. Soul and Nerissa grabbed each side of the elevator doors and pulled them open with a loud grunt.