94: Roulette

***^^^Nyx concept art included^^^***

"Shhh, he's sleeping." Willow purred out quietly with an almost sweet smile on her face. Nyx inhaled sharply as she recalled the horrible place that lived inside Willow's House and her heart felt tight when she thought of Nate being trapped in that hellish place.

"Let him out, now." Nyx ordered through barely restrained rage and she took a single step forward.

"Or what? You'll kill me, in hopes that it will release him all on its own?" Willow asked as she began gently running her fingers through Nate's hair as he lay in her lap. Nyx felt like her skin was on fire as Willow spoke again. "Allow me to help with your decision. A person is only released from my House if I allow it, not one moment before." Willow looked down at Nate as she continued. "I happen to know from experience that they are not released if I happen to lose consciousness. So, what do you think would happen if you killed me?" Willow asked Nyx with a sly smile.

"Nate would never wake up again." Orion said quietly in horror, causing Nyx and Kyle to look over at him for a moment. Orion's eyes never strayed from Willow and Nate, though. "The only reason you were released on Halloween night was because Nate took control of her and forced her to."

Willow hummed out a gentle laugh, "That's correct, awfully smart, this boy." She mused lyrically as she gently moved a strand of hair off of Nate's face and Nyx felt more heat in her stomach. Nyx clenched her fists at her sides and lowered her head before turning it slightly to look towards Kyle.

"W-What do we do?" Nyx stammered out quietly so that, hopefully, only Kyle and Orion could hear. Kyle looked over at Nyx while Orion kept his gaze forward, watching Willow closely. Kyle's gaze lost focus for a moment, seeing the look of terror in her eyes. He quickly composed himself and took a deep breath as his mind raced.

"I...I don't know." He admitted in a slightly shaky whisper as he looked back over at Willow, then down at Nate. He was still a little pissed at him for what he had said to Nyx, but the fact that Nyx was still so scared for him meant that he potentially apologized in the time Kyle was in his coma.

"I know what you can do." Willow spoke and caught their attention. "You can listen to my proposal. I will release him..." Willow trailed off and she looked down at Nate, noticing the subtle furrowing of his eyebrows. "...If you get me out of this city."

The three standing in front of her perked up in confusion. "What? You want to leave?" Nyx asked her in confusion through her shaking voice.

"Yes. I may have done horrible things, but this business that Azriel has gotten himself involved in..." Willow said quietly before the trio saw a slight glint of remorse in her eyes. "Needless to say, he has gone too far. I know when a plan is doomed to fail, and I don't want to lose my life because of it. So, if you arrange my safe departure out of this doomed place, I will release him from my House. You have my word."

Kyle snorted, and Willow's narrowed eyes snapped to him. "As if your word means a damn thing, my best friend is dead because of you!" Kyle said with a slightly raised voice.

"Wrong." Willow snapped slightly aggressively. "He is dead because of Damien. All I did was provide the playing field, but it was him that made the play." Willow's words caused Kyle to stiffen slightly. The group then snapped their attention to Nate when they heard him make a soft noise of discomfort. That's when they noticed a cut appear on his cheek, Nyx's breath hitched as it started to bleed. He was under attack in that horrid House. Willow hummed again, "Seems like you should make your decision quickly." She smiled again.