25: One Down

^^^***Drake concept art included***^^^

"Soul, I'm only telling you this so you don't find out at the wrong time." Danny said to her in the same empty room that Nyx had broken the news to Nate.

"Well, I'm guessing it's bad considering that huge bruise on your cheek. What'd you do?" Soul responded as she closed the door and leaned against it.

Danny closed his eyes and sighed, "So, last night while you and Jack were here watching over Nate and Drake. Me and the others went back to the festival."

"I'm aware. Get to the point, Danny." Soul responded in a flat tone.

"I am. All of us ended up getting hotel rooms to sleep in an actual bed, and please remember we were all extremely drunk, but I-" Danny started stuttering, like he didn't want to say it.

"Danny, come on, what is it?" Soul pushed it further but her tone had changed to slightly sincere.

"I...I slept with Nyx." Danny finally got it out before he closed his eyes and braced himself to be hit again.

But the punishment never came.

He opened his eyes slowly and Soul was looking at the ground. She moved her eyes to look at him under her eyebrows, somehow making Danny feel even more guilty. "Well, that explains the bruise then. I'm surprised Nate didn't beat you to a pulp."

"I was expecting him too. I'd deserve every punch. It was just some stupid drunken mistake. I'll tell Jack too so he isn't blindsided." Danny rubbed his hand in idle embarrassment before he looked at Soul to try and hint that he wanted to leave the room. She was blocking the door, after all.

"I'm not done with you yet." Soul said to him in a cold tone. "What about Nyx, is she okay?"

Danny closed his eyes, "I still have to apologize to her, I didn't really get a chance because Nate was here. I wasn't exactly the most sensitive guy, I really made it seem like she was the last person on earth I'd sleep with. I can't imagine that would be great to hear as a girl. That, and Rhys told her that Nate is in love with her." Danny finished as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh my god, that idiot." Soul leaned her head back against the door.

"To me, it didn't really seem like she regretted it though. Which was... weird. Then again, I don't know her very well." Danny responded as he crossed his arms and looked off into space.

"Well, when you do talk to her, try and not be yourself." Soul said as she placed a hand on his shoulder and moved out of his way.

"Hurtful. But I guess I'll try." Danny said flatly before he left the room to find Nyx. He peeked into the communal room and saw Rhys, Jack and Drake but not Nyx or Nate. "Hey, where's Nyx? I need to apologize."

"Fire escape, I think." Rhys responded flatly. Danny nodded and left the room to go find her. He approached the window that led to the fire escape and saw Nyx's legs through the window and her long, black hair flowing in the gentle wind. As Danny got closer he could see her hands in her lap, she was fidgeting with her own finger, picking at her nails, etc. She was anxious.

"Nyx?" Danny said softly as he approached the window. She turned her head to him and Danny's face softened when he saw that her eyes were red and puffy and she sniffled. She had been crying. "You mind if we...talk?" Nyx nodded and Danny climbed through the window and sat down on the other side of it from her.

"You were crying." Danny said, more like a statement than a question.

"Yeah." Nyx said and she wiped one of her eyes.