84: Raindrops

^^^***Kyle concept art included***^^^

Danny ran down the hall of the dorms towards the Infirmary. He was safely assuming that at least Nyx was still in the Infirmary, watching over Kyle. He couldn't begin to guess where the others were, so he would settle for Nyx. His premonition was... disturbing to say the least and he had no idea when it would come true. Given the previous history with his premonition dreams, it would likely be soon.

Danny slid around the corner before continuing to run down the hall, slowing down as he came to the door to the Infirmary. He opened the door swiftly and saw Kyle still on Mia's operating table, and still unconscious. He saw Nyx holding a small stack of towels and her head whipped to the door when Danny entered. She scoffed and her face looked slightly irritated. "Oh, I thought you were Mia."

Danny quickly stepped forward with such determination that Nyx's face became worried. "I had another dream, it was...bad." Danny said through his panting breaths. "Azriel is going to do... something. I'm not sure what but I know that it's gunna be bad." Danny looked scared and Nyx could see his hands shaking.

Nyx set the towels down, stepped forward and grabbed Danny by his shoulders, forcing him to look her in the eyes. "Danny, calm down. Take a deep breath, and tell me what you saw." Nyx's voice was calm and soft and it put Danny at ease. He took a deep inhale and closed his eyes, he bowed his head before he released the breath and Nyx could feel the tension leave his body.

"Okay...I was on a street in the city and I saw him...Azriel. He...spoke to me. No one has ever spoken to me in my visions before." Danny started to shake again.

"Danny, calm down...what did he say?" Nyx said in a soft but stern tone to try and bring him back and keep him focused.

"He told me...that I can't stop this. I don't even know what this is! I-I saw a huge amount of crimson petals...there was so much that it looked like a sea of blood flowing through the streets. Something bad is going to happen, I just...have no idea when." Danny finally finished recalling his dream and looked back up into Nyx's eyes. She wasn't looking at him though, she was staring off in thought.

"We need to tell my mom." Nyx released Danny's shoulders after a few seconds of staring off into space. Nyx then glanced behind her a bit, looking at Kyle. Danny's face looked somber for a moment, he knew she didn't want to leave him alone.

"You know, I can go tell The Chairman, so you can stay with Kyle." Danny spoke softly and caused Nyx to look back at him. Her gaze then moved downward and she let out a shaky sigh.

"Okay...thanks, Danny." She whispered before Danny smiled softly and left the Infirmary. Nyx watched him go before she turned back around to look at Kyle again. It had only been a few hours since Reiko infected him, but it was worrying her that he hadn't woken up yet. He was at least breathing and stable, so she would only have to keep him comfortable until Mia got back from the blood drive. Nyx sat down in the chair that she had pulled up next to the operating table. She struggled to bring herself to look at his face, so instead she just looked down at her knees.

Why did he approach Reiko with his true body? Why didn't he use a clone, just in case? She thought to herself as the memories played back. Kyle forced Reiko to focus on him with the second knife he had. He told Nyx to stay back as they approached Reiko...He told her to stay back after he had already been infected. Did he...figure it out from the beginning? She finally lifted her head and looked at Kyle's face. He looked so peaceful, but it still hurt. He...did it all for me.

If you had more people to worry about, it would slow you down, it would wear you down.

Nyx clenched her knees. Why...does everyone risk their lives for me? Don't they have any idea how much it hurts when they do that? Nyx was suddenly interrupted from her inner turmoil when she heard the door open again. She felt a breath of fresh air enter her lungs when she saw Mia enter the Infirmary. "Mia!" Nyx stood up swiftly with a look of joy in her eyes.