30: Siblings

^^^*Concept art of Danny included*^^^

"Nerissa, what the hell happened to you?" Rhys asked as he turned to her in the van. She moved her head to face him as she held her hand to her wounded shoulder.

"It was Damien, I was trying to heal Danny and he stabbed me and yanked me away from him..." Nerissa said quietly as she clutched her shoulder tighter.

"Oh, that must've been what I walked in on down there, he really messed you up, huh Danny?" Rhys turned his head to look at him and his brow furrowed. "Danny?" Rhys lightly slapped Danny's knee when he didn't answer him. Danny groaned weakly as his head hung to the side. "Hey! Danny?!" Rhys yelled louder and his heart started gunning when Danny was unresponsive, most likely the loss of blood was finally catching up to him. Rhys quickly reached forward and slapped Nate on the shoulder. "Step on it, Danny's fading."

Nate glanced at Danny in his rearview mirror as he slammed his foot on the gas pedal. "We have to do something now guys, we have a four hour drive ahead of us." Nate said as he glanced in the rearview mirror again.

"I don't know what you want me to do, dude! I can't tourniquet this wound on his chest, it's huge!" Rhys started to panic slightly. He didn't want to lose another friend, not this soon. Not ever.

"Rhys, calm down!" Nerissa shouted suddenly, the pain from her own wound was evident in her voice. "Take a fucking breath and use your heads." Nerissa was talking to everyone now.

"Rhys, in the back, behind the seats. My mom has a first aid kit stashed back there." Nate said as he jerked his thumb backwards. Rhys turned around and leaned over the seat to immediately spot the bright red first aid box. He quickly scooped it up, turned back around and set it on his lap. "Take out all the gauze pads, biggest ones first, and cover that huge wound. It won't close it, but it might stop the bleeding." Nate spoke to Rhys as he continued to drive, taking care not to speed too badly. The LAST thing they needed was to be pulled over.

Rhys nodded to himself as he opened the box and fiddled around inside. He found three large gauze pads and 5 small ones. "Okay, so this might be just enough to cover up the wound on his chest, but not much else." Rhys said as he opened up one of the large gauze pads and turned to Danny. He cursed under his breath when he saw that Danny's tattered shirt was blocking his access to the wound. Rhys held the gauze pad in his teeth and ripped open Danny's already ripped shirt.

"Holy shit." Nerissa said quietly when he actually saw the huge gash across the front of Danny's body. Rhys glanced at her before he took the gauze from his mouth and placed it on the top of the gash.

"Nerissa, hold this here." Rhys said sternly, he quickly got the medical tape out of the first aid kit and taped the gauze down as Nerissa took her hands away. Rhys noticed that Nerissa's hands were shaking as she pulled them away. "What's wrong, Nerissa?" Rhys asked her as he continued to patch Danny's wound.

Nerissa sighed, her eyes rarely leaving Danny's face. His eyes were covered by his hair hanging in his face but she knew that they were closed, he was breathing though, and that's what mattered. She remembered that Danny shook his head back in the estate, he didn't want to tell the group yet about the secret they learned, she didn't want to tell them without his input and he couldn't give that right now. "I'm just...still shaken up." Nerissa said before she groaned softly from her wound hurting her. It wasn't a serious wound, the blood had already clotted a lot of it so she wasn't too worried. Danny was in far worse shape right now. Speaking of Danny, Rhys stopped moving more gauze onto his wound when he felt a hand on his. He looked down and saw Danny's bloody hand on his, he looked back up and saw Danny's eyes opened slightly.