61: I'll Be Right There

October 31st
8:07 pm
Inside the trap

Damien approached the group with a dark grin on his face as civilians frantically ran and scrambled in an attempt to escape the shadow trap. He stopped advancing about ten feet away from them and resting his chin in one of his hands. "So, it seems my father didn't kill you." Damien purred as he looked at Nyx. "I'll fix that." He said before the hand that was under his chin shifted and he flicked his first two fingers up towards the sky. Orion's eyes widened in fear as he recognized the gesture. One of his dragons suddenly shot out from under his clothes and shot towards Nyx. It reached her a split second before a shadow spike would have stabbed into the bottom of her chin. The dragon bit the spike and stopped it dead in its tracks, saving Nyx's life. Nyx took a step back before she looked at Damien with slight fear peeking through her eyes. "Hmm, you're afraid." He said with a lilt of happiness in his voice. "Good, you should be." Damien said as he lifted his hands and thrust them towards the group. Dozens of tendrils snaked from Damien's shadow and shot towards the group. Nyx quickly reacted, a violet glow coated her and a huge chunk of dirt lifted from the ground, lifting her and her friends into the air as the tendrils closed in and missed.

"Oliver, you and Danny need to protect those civilians, Orion and I can handle Damien." Nyx ordered her half brother sternly, she knew he didn't like to be ordered around.

"Fine." Oliver sounded slightly disappointed that he couldn't fight Damien before he leaped off the chunk of earth and into a barrier he manifested. "You coming, Danny?"

Danny looked at Nyx with a slightly worried look before he glanced back down at Damien, who was waiting patiently as he stared up at them with a smile on his face. "Are you sure?" He asked quietly as he turned back towards Nyx.

Nyx smiled slightly, "Yes." She responded in a sincere tone. Danny nodded subtly before he leaped off the chunk of earth and into Oliver's barrier. The two soared off to attempt to assist civilians, if they would allow them. Nyx and Orion walked to the edge of the ledge and looked down at Damien.

"Done?" He asked loudly as he took a hit of a cigarette that he had apparently took out and lit. He flicked the cigarette away from him before he flicked both his hands upward. A large tendril lifted from the shadow that was cast by the chunk of earth they were on. It broke through the bottom of the ledge, sending Nyx and Orion flying in two different directions. Two dragons flew from Orion and latched onto the ceiling of the box, suspending him in the air. He saw that Oliver had formed a decently sized room out of his barriers and he and Danny were funnelling people inside it. He looked over towards Nyx and saw her landing on the ground and Damien was rushing her with a crazed look in his eyes. Orion's eyes widened.

"His target is Nyx." Orion whispered to himself in realization before he dropped the rest of the way to the ground and sent out a third dragon. It shot towards Damien, snapping its jaws in anticipation to taste blood. Damien reached Nyx and tried to send a kick at her, Nyx shifted out of the way before Damien leaped backwards to dodge Orion's dragon. A small shadow spike shot up and stabbed through the bottom of the dragons chin, Orion yelled in pain as one of his dragons was destroyed. He dropped to one knee as Damien looked over at him with an amused look.

"You forget, Orion. I helped train you." Damien purred as he sent a spike towards Orion. One of his dragons snapped it's jaw onto the spike before it could find its mark. Damien had to focus his attention back to Nyx when he heard her make a grunt of exertion. He lifted a tendril to block Nyx's roundhouse, they locked eyes for a moment before the violet glow surrounded her again and the force of the kick increased greatly. Damien was shoved backwards at high speeds before he used two tendrils to dig into the ground to reduce his speed until he came to a stop. "Well, look at you." He started as he stretched his arms. "I might have to actually try with you." Damien suddenly dropped into the ground and out of sight, the same tactic he used to retreat in the night Nate killed Kuroi. Nyx tensed and held her breath before Damien suddenly shot up from the ground right beneath her. He clutched Nyx's throat as he rose until he lifted Nyx off her feet once he was fully out of the ground. "You're in over your pretty. little. head, Nyx." He growled as he tightened his grip. Nyx's face twisted in anger before she lifted her legs and shoved him away with the help of her Gift. Orion watched in slight uneasiness before he ran forward, two dragons snaked out and slammed into the ground, launching Orion up high in the air. As Damien regained his balance he quickly pointed a finger gun towards Orions face. Orion's eyes widened when the pin straight shadow spike shot from Damien's fingers. Nyx quickly gripped Orion with her Gift and shifted him out of the way. She moved Orion next to her and he was breathing heavily.