98: A Sheep in Wolfs Clothing

//This chapter contains dark subjects, read at your own risk\\

Azriel hummed with a smile on his face as he side-eyed Kyle past the barrel of his handgun. "I have to say, I'm surprised at you." He said quietly as he stared into Kyle's eyes.

"No, you're not. There's no way you didn't expect this." Kyle said darkly before Azriel's smile grew wider and Kyle's brow bent down further.

"No, I'm surprised that you think you'll be able to stop me with that flimsy gun of yours." Azriel purred manically before a leg swung up and kicked the gun out of Kyle's hand, where it flew into the air and clattered to the ground a few feet away. Kyle looked over in anger before he saw it was Nyx who kicked the gun out of his hand. He took a few steps back and watched her as her bright pink eyes flicked and flashed to blue a few times as she grunted and struggled. "The connection may be shaky, but she is still under my control." Azriel said as he took a few steps back, he suddenly flicked his hand forward towards Kyle. Kyle's eyes widened before he rolled out of the way of another fast flying needle.

On the other side of the plexiglass wall, Damien's eyes quickly scanned the area for something that could be of use. Off on the far end of the room, near the throne, there was a panel on the wall that looked like it might raise the wall. Damien quickly took a few steps towards Danny and grabbed his arm firmly. "Come with me." He said sternly before Danny and Damien fell through Damien's shadow in the ground as the others watched in surprise. They manifested out of the wall next to the panel inside, without Azriel noticing.

"Get your hand off me." Danny said angrily as he roughly jerked his arm out of Damien's grip. He gave Damien a glare before Damien stepped out of the way and Danny could see the panel on the wall.

"It was the only way I could bring you with me, use this terminal and lift that wall." Damien said before he looked towards the fight and dashed forward to join it. He tried to send a tendril down to stab into Azriel but he noticed at the last moment and leaped backwards to avoid it. Danny watched for a moment, seeing Nyx attack Damien to protect Azriel against her will. He quickly turned to the panel to try and lift the wall as fast as possible to avoid the risk of Nyx getting hurt. He placed his hand on the terminal and his eyes started shimmering silver. He navigated through the menus before finding the security settings. Danny cursed under his breath when he saw that in order to lift the wall, the terminal required a handprint scan from Azriel. Danny turned around to check on the fight, he saw the look of confusion on Kyle's face that Damien was suddenly here and helping him. His eyes widened a bit when he saw how nimble and fast Azriel was while fighting. He saw the rest of his friends watching anxiously from behind the wall, that was when he locked eyes with Nate.

Danny, please tell me you can hear me?

Danny's breath hitched in his throat. Yes, I can hear you! He thought back in happiness. Nate smiled in relief before he heard Danny's response. I'm gunna get this wall up, then it's all you, dude. Danny turned back to the terminal and thought for a moment.

Realistically speaking, a person's handprint is a sort of password all on its own. One that is more than unique...and computers run from electricity, which I have control over as well...maybe I can...

Danny placed his hand back on the terminal and focused intensely, he blocked out the rest of the world around him and focused solely on the electric heartbeat of the inner workings of the bunker. His eyes began shimmering electric blue and he allowed a miniscule amount of electricity into the terminal. He kept the stream going so he would stay connected as he could feel information flow into him. Danny smiled as the screen began glitching and stuttering before two beeps sounded faintly from the terminal. The handprint on the terminal flashed green and Danny turned around in time to see the plexiglass wall lift quickly.