64: Had Enough

October 31st
11:15 pm
The Erebus Estate, Damien's office

Danny began sparking more and the air itself felt like it was charged. Damien held his confident facade as Danny stepped forward. Danny held up his hand, which was sparking violently with a ball of electric energy in his palm. He threw it like a baseball and it shot towards Damien with insane speed. Damien's eyes widened slightly with a manic grin before he lifted a wall of shadow in front of him to block the ball. It collided with the wall and erupted in a violent explosion before the wall quickly lowered. Damien was already ready with his hand raised and his first two fingers pointing outward. Danny had a vision crash into him again, he saw Damien's light speed shadow spike shoot from his fingers and stab Danny between the eyes. Once he was brought back to real time, he pivoted his body and the shadow spike shot past his head. Danny didn't even flinch as he brought up his hand and gripped the spike. He sent a shockwave down the tendril until it reached Damien's hand. It jolted him violently and he was sent backwards a few feet. Damien clutched his chest again and breathed heavily before a low growl emitted from him, he was getting mad.

"Danny!" Nyx shouted in desperation. Danny looked over his shoulder back at her and she looked afraid. "Nate passed out and Nerissa doesn't have her water, please we have to go!" She looked at him with a pleading look. Danny gritted his teeth, he knew that he was getting too cocky again, he had to incapacitate Damien and run; or Nate was gunna die. Danny was jolted from his thoughts when a tendril stabbed him in the shoulder. He grunted slightly before he quickly grabbed the tendril with hand and sent another shockwave through it. Damien expected it this time and manifested a second tendril with a sharp edge. He sliced the first tendril before the current could reach him. Danny was ready and swiped his hand in front of him and a large arc of electric energy reached from Danny's hand to Damien. It collided with his chest and sent him backwards at high speed. Damien collided with the wall and let out a loud grunt of pain. He fell to the ground next to Rhys and was unconscious.

"Danny, get Rhys please, we need to go!" Nerissa yelled urgently as she reached into Nate's pocket and took out the small device to request extraction. Danny looked over at Rhys before his eyes traveled to Oliver's body, still slumped over in the chair.

"What...what about Oliver?" Danny said quietly as he turned around to look at his sister again. The violent electric energy had faded now, and Danny's eyes had faded back to their normal shade of grey. His initial visage of manic anger had also faded, he just looked exhausted now. Nyx looked at Danny with fear on her face as she lifted Nate's upper body into her lap.

"We...we can't leave him." Nyx choked out with a small voice, she remembered what the Erebus Mafia is capable of doing with corpses. Danny's head suddenly jerked to the door when he heard footsteps approaching fast. The door burst open and armed mafia grunts filed fast into the room. Danny quickly had a vision flow through his mind and he saw himself being gunned down by the grunts. He was already charging up as he was brought back to reality. He quickly built such a charge on his body that the barrage of bullets were stopped dead about an inch away from his body. Danny used his newly found Gift on pure instinct, creating a magnetic field around his body that was strong enough to stop the bullets. Soul had gathered the rest of her strength to put up a shadow wall to shield her and her friends while Danny lifted his right arm. A ball of electric energy coalesced in his palm and he slammed it down onto the ground. A violent shockwave of electricity surged through the ground before colliding with the line of grunts. It sent them flying back into the wall while a few flew right out the doorway they entered through. Danny immediately turned and ran over to get Rhys, he struggled to drag him across the room before Nerissa ran out to help him. After Rhys was safe with the group, Danny turned around to get Oliver's body. As he turned around, there was a strong gust of wind that blew through the open window. It caused the charred wood from Danny's last attack to be nurtured into proper flames. His eyes widened slightly as the flames started growing. He quickly whipped around and ran behind Oliver's chair to release his hands from the bindings. Oliver's body started falling forward out of the chair before a long and flat plank of shadow lifted from the ground and caught him. Danny looked up and saw Soul, she was leaning against the desk with her friends, clutching her wound. She looked pale, but she still managed to gather enough energy to help. Once Oliver was on the plank of shadow, a thin sheet of shadow creeped from one side and moved over Oliver's body. Mostly to shield his body from any further harm, and so Nyx wouldn't have to see her brother in that horrible state for a moment longer. Danny would have to thank Soul for that later.