34: Puppetmaster

Nerissa opened her eyes after a small nap, Kuroi might be a frighteningly powerful mob boss, but he supplied her with a rather comfortable bed. She leaned up and looked at her surroundings, she was in a large box made out of thick plexiglass. There was a bed and a toilet inside a small black stall so she would have privacy if she needed to use it. She noticed that there were windows that led to the outside world, good to know. She stared off into space as she sat on the bed, her mind feeling empty. She had gone to sleep in her own bed inside the lodge, but woke up here. How does that even happen? She was shaken from her thoughts when she heard a faint sound of something sliding on a track followed by two sets of distant footsteps. She looked at the only entrance to the room as the footsteps approached. Two men emerged from the doorway, one she recognized as Soul's father, Kuroi Kage. The other man she didn't recognize.

"Good evening, Miss Silvius." Kuroi spoke in a dark tone that made Nerissa's whole body tense. Nerissa stood up and approached the plexiglass wall in front of her.

"Why am I here?" Nerissa asked him in feined confidence. Kuroi actually laughed a little bit.

"You are here because I need you. Your brother, Daniel, has murdered my son, Damien. This will not go unpunished. I brought you here, to lure him here, and he will pay his debt." Kuroi stepped forward with his hand behind his back. Nerissa's eyes trembled for a moment, remembering back to what happened the last time this man showed himself.

"The only reason he had to kill Damien was because Damien kidnapped him and tortured him for hours on end! He brought it on himself." Nerissa protested as she kept glancing at the unfamiliar yet so familiar man standing a few paces behind Kuroi.

"It matters not what the variables are. Blood has been spilled, and it must be repayed. If it will not be his blood..." Kuroi stepped forward and looked down at Nerissa with dark, dominant eyes. "Then it will be yours." Nerissa was frozen in place. The fear weighed down her arms and legs, but she didn't let it stop her words.

"So who's your friend?" She asked like a statement. Kuroi backed away as the other man stepped forward.

"Gabriel Oliveira. A pleasure, Senorita." Gabriel said as he looked at Nerissa over the rim of his glasses and winked. Nerissa's eyes widened when she heard the last name, she'd heard it before.

"Holy shit, you're Nate's dad?" Nerissa whispered in disbelief, she knew he looked familiar. Nate really looked like his father.

"Oh, so you know my son? He picked a good one, by the looks of it." Gabriel said slyly as he approached the glass.

Nerissa backed up a few steps and scoffed. "Me and Nate? Yeah right, he's with-" Nerissa cut herself off when her mind told her to take caution. She had no idea what kind of guy Gabriel was, but the fact that he was with Kuroi was reason enough to take caution.

"He's with who?" Gabriel whispered as he leaned down to be at eye level with Nerissa. Suddenly, Nerissa's entire body tensed like every nerve in her body was being gripped at once. She watched as Gabriel's eyes flashed a deep red, they glowed intently as they peered into Nerissa's eyes. Nerissa's eyes widened as her blue eyes suddenly flashed deep red to match Gabriel's and suddenly, Nerissa wasn't in control of her own body anymore.

"Answer the question, Miss Silvius. Who is Nathan with?" Gabriel spoke clearly as he stood up straight.

"N-Nyx Valentino." Nerissa said out loud, against her will. Gabriel smirked victoriously as his eyes faded back to their normal brown color as he released Nerissa from his control. Nerissa's eyes changed back to their normal color as she took a deep gasp and she fell to her knees. "What...what the hell?" She whispered out as she put her hand up to her head.