93: Blood is thicker than Water

^^^***Jaya concept art included***^^^

"Get back here, asshole!" Rhys yelled as he chased Jaya through the empty halls of the bunker. Rhys had, admittedly, not paid an ounce of attention on the decor of the bunker's interior. He was having full blown tunnel vision for Jaya.

"Why don't you make me." Jaya responded defiantly as he continued to sprint down the hall before rounding a corner, where Rhys lost sight for a moment. When Rhys rounded the corner himself, he halted upon seeing an empty hallway. He looked confused for a moment before he remembered Jaya's Gift and had an instant gut feeling. He whipped around without hesitation, just in time to grip Jaya's blade in his hand as he tried to stab Rhys in the throat. Rhys gritted his teeth before lifting his leg and shoving Jaya back with his foot, causing Jaya to let go of his blade and slide down the hall before his back hit the wall. Rhys threw the blade behind him a bit and it clattered loudly through the silent hallway.

"Looks like I didn't have to make you, you played yourself." Rhys said with a sly smirk on his lips, but Jaya didn't respond with a smile of his own.

"It looks that way, doesn't it." Jaya responded as he lifted one foot behind him and placed it against the wall. He shoved off the wall to give himself more speed and took off towards Rhys. He pulled back his dominant hand and tried to swing at Jaya, but he suddenly vanished in a large cloud of black smoke as Rhys' fist went straight through.

"Shit..." Rhys muttered under his breath as he focused his hearing. He suddenly grunted when he felt two small hands plant onto his shoulders from above. He looked up and saw Jaya's glowing yellow eyes looking vacantly at him before Jaya shoved off of Rhys and caused him to stumble forward. Jaya's feet planted on the ground behind him and he scooped up his blade off the ground before continuing to sprint down the hall. Rhys growled softly as he whipped around again, "Oh, you dick." He said quietly before he took off after Jaya again. As he tried to catch up to Jaya, he had a strange feeling in his chest, but he couldn't place what it was.

Chasing Jaya down a corridor, he nearly slipped at the sharp left turn that he had to take. He couldn't understand what was happening, it would've made more sense if Jaya continued to attack him after getting his blade back, but instead he was running towards something with purpose. Making a right turn as he did his best to keep up with Jaya, he noticed the hallway was a dead end with double doors to one room at the end of it to which Jaya opened and closed behind him. The feeling tugged at his chest again, his confusion only increasing. Pushing his feelings to the side, he stormed forward and aggressively shoved open the double doors, a slam echoing down the hallway. The confusion as well as the feeling in Rhys's chest cleared however, as he looked forward and his eyes locked with the light baby blue eyes he adored so much. Nerissa.

She was clad in a black dress with lace and black heels, her white blonde hair shining in contrast. She looks just as beautiful as the day I lost her, he thought to himself. Looking at her with wide eyes, he didn't even take a moment to think before taking a step forward. He immediately froze, not taking any steps closer when three ice daggers shot past his face, one just barely grazing his cheek. A warning shot. "Not a step closer Rhys," she said, breaking the silence. Looking at Nerissa, his blood chilled seeing her ice cold stare. Her voice had matched, sounding almost empty. He didn't get it, her eyes weren't pink meaning she wasn't controlled like he thought she had been, so just why was she fighting against him? He looked at her, his voice filled with frustration, "Rissa, what are you doing?!"

Nerissa made a small twirling motion with her right hand, lifting water from one of the many large basins of water that had been set along the edges of the room. More ice daggers were made and they merely floated in front of her, as if daring him to come closer. Her glowing blue eyes locked back onto his amber eyes and that is where he noticed it. Her face, voice, demeanor may all be calm, but her eyes were filled with despair. "I won't allow you all to harm him, not when he saved me! I won't let any one of you near Azzie," she stated, her left hand moving this time, before forming a water whip. Instead of a handle for the bottom of the whip, the water encased her whole hand.