44. Opening Day

After a great two weeks off it was time to start back work today. It's our open day though so it includes a briefing and an opening party which I'm looking forward to.

I'm currently talking to Zayn, Niall and a guy called Liam who came here as Niall's 'date' although they are apparently best mates. I'm pretty sure that if Liam is mutual a with Niall then he is mutual a with Harry too but since we aren't together I really don't want to bring up his name.

"Are you sure you're alright? You aren't acting yourself" Zayn places his arm around my shoulders. Perrie is working today so she couldn't come.

"Yeah, I'd rather not talk about it." I smile at him before diverting my gaze to Liam and Niall who are both on their phones.

"I might have to start working here. This party is incredible." Liam takes another sip of his beer. "And the girls around here are not so bad on the eye. Who's that?" He points over to Taylor, my assistant.

"Her names Taylor and yes she is beautiful, but she is in a relationship. Sorry to break it to you." I chuckle and Liam rolls his eyes.

"Well this isn't the first time I've broken a relationship." Liam places his beer down on the table and goes to walk away but Niall grabs him by the arm.

"I brought you here as a guest, so behave. Don't go round doing such nonsense Liam." Niall shakes his head. "We've been here for two hours but I think you've already had enough to drink.

"Something funny?" Liam looks at me who is trying to suppress my giggles.

"Nothing, just Niall acting like your father." Zayn and I begin to laugh. "He's right though, Liam maybe you should stick to water."

"So controlling. You know, you remind me of someone." Liam analyses my face. "Speaking of, he's here right now." Liam and Niall are staring at something behind Zayn and I. To be honest I'm scared to look because Liam is grinning and Niall looks like he's seen a ghost. He had that expression the night Harry blew up at him for taking me to a bar.

"Great party you got here." Harry's voice slurs and it's raspier than usual. When he stands beside me in the middle of Niall and I, I can feel the proximity and how he chose to stand even closer to me. His burning skin that isn't covered by his black t shirt rubs against my exposed arm due to my strapless dress.

"Harry mate, what are you doing here?" Liam shakes Harry's hand and Harry does the same to Niall whom has not spoken a word yet.

Whilst Liam and Harry engage in conversation Zayn nudges my arm and raises an eyebrow at me. I shake my head at him as I know that he can tell something isn't right between Harry and I.

I turn to look at Harry as I can't take it any longer and I can smell a thick substance in his breath. Has he been drinking? No wonder he is so bubbly he's drunk. He never drinks and look at him now. He turned up to my opening day drunk.

"So you still haven't answered my question, what are you doing here?" Liam asks Harry.

"Oh, sorry mate well my girlfriend here invited me yesterday. Right babe?" Harry places his hand around my arm and I can feel goosebumps raising on my skin. I hate how he has this effect on me.

"And you told me you weren't turning up." I say through gritted teeth. He made it perfectly clear last night how he felt about me, so why the hell is he acting like nothing happened?