63. Puppies and Jellybeans

"I'm glad you suggested to go out. This is good fun." I take another sip of my drink. I've lost count of how many I've had. I stopped counting about an hour ago which is probably not a good idea, but you only get a promotion once right?

"Do you think we should start switching to water now?" Harry takes my drink off me and takes my hand, pulling me towards the bar.

"Why?" My word comes out needy and if I were sober I'd be cringing right now. "I'm just getting started H." I try to reach for my drink, but he pulls it away further with his long arm.

"You have work tomorrow. Your boss may re think that promotion if you don't turn up."

"I've turned up to work many times hungover before." I remind him and he just ignores me. I don't blame him really, I wouldn't want to argue with a drunk person.

"I'll have a water thanks." He tells the bar attender and I see her look him up and down, obviously checking him out. He noticed and places his arm around me and kisses my temple. The girl clears her throat and says nothing as she gets my water. "Thanks." Harry takes it from her and walks me over to one of the tables.

"Can't we go back and dance?" I whine. "Come on Harrrrryyyyy" I say his name slowly and he just gives me the same look as he's been giving me whilst I'm drink my water. An emotionless one.

"Will you ever get another tattoo?"

"Well that was a random question." I say with my head resting on my hands. "I'm so tired."

"Do you want to go home?"

"No. It's too early to go home."

He looks down at his watch briefly before looking back to me. "You start work in six hours."

"One more hour. Please?" I give him the puppy eyes and he gives in.

"Fine. But promise me one thing?"

"Depends what it is." I play with my straw in my glass and mix around the ice with it.

"I need to take this call, do you promise me not to go anywhere and if a sleaze tries chatting you up call me alright."

"Fineeee." I wave him off as if to say go. He's treating me like a child, but in all honesty I'm acting like one. I love going out with Harry like this and we've had a nice dinner followed by this night club and the main reason why I've been drinking so much is Zayn is at the back of my mind and I just want to forget about how he's ignoring me. I haven't even done anything wrong, so why is he treating me like this?

I begin to get bored as fifteen minutes pass and the game of solitaire begins to get boring on my phone. Instagram is dull except for two posts from Luke and Ashton who are on a night out together somewhere.

"You look like you could use some company. Come dance with us" a tall blonde girl with prominent blue eyes bulging through her thick eyeliner.

"I'm waiting for my boyfriend. He should be back soon. Thank you though." I smile at the kind girl.

"Oh come on, I'm sure he can come join us on the dance floor after." She takes my hand and starts pulling me.