62. Promotion

Harry and I have been texting whilst he is at home resting and I am at work, just like old times. I've almost got caught so many times by Tony when he unexpectedly walks into my office and wonders why I'm on my phone. I told him a white lie, saying I'm looking at editing apps on my phone for my article which I'm writing about social media's twists and he buys it thankfully.

In all honesty, I have not been in the right head space today. I am frightened that I'll accidentally hit my tender tattoo. It has become less swollen than it was previously thankfully, but it still hurts a bit. I can't believe I got a tattoo yesterday. That explains more of the reason why I've been texting Harry. I told him I have a surprise to show him and he's been guessing non stop. My phone keeps buzzing and he told me to just leave work and come see him. Of course he keeps guessing sexual things, but that's typical Harry. The old him is starting to come back again, the same guy I fell in love with and not the serious one who is way too over protective. Don't get me wrong, I love that he cares so much for me - but to the point of following my every move when we were supposed to be broken up isn't what I like.

Harry: I'm so bored can't you just come over on your lunch break?

Me: You and I both know that you won't let me come back to work

Harry: Yeah. You're probably right. I just miss you ;( x

Me: It hasn't been forty eight hours yet. x

Harry: I haven't spent time with you in weeks, you can't blame me for wanting to spend every second of my day with you.

Me: I have to go, Tony's coming. xx

I slip my phone back into my top drawer and pretend to be heavily concentrated with something on the internet. When Tony comes in he takes a seat opposite me on my desk.

"So I have been doing some thinking for a while now. Even before your major article." He leans forward an rests his palms on my desk. "What you have, the will to express exactly how you feel is incredible."

"Thanks Tony."

"You may have seen this coming." He pauses. "But I am immensely aware of your efforts in this company for the past few years and that is why I have made a final decision. Congratulations Elouise Jackson, you are promoted to not one, but two floors above in the interview and publishing room."

"Oh my" I cover my mouth with my hand. "Thank you so much Tony, I could hug you right now although that'd be weird." I stand up and walk over to him. "Thank you so much." We exchange a hand shake and he pats me on the shoulder.

"Now, I must speak with Taylor when she is finished her break because she can either have the option to assist you on level six doing similar jobs to what she is doing now or she can move up to level three."

"I'm sure she will be happy to hear that." I nod. "She should be back soon."

"Yeah, I might give her a call." He says. He doesn't know about the baby yet. I know she is going to need some time off work before and after she has it, so I don't know if she will accept her promotion or not. I am happy for her though.

"Thanks again Tony."

"You deserve it." He shakes my hand once again before leaving my room. As soon as he leaves I throw my hands in the air and do a celebratory dance.

"You did it Ella." I whisper shout, aware that there are many people around me. "I'm so happy right now. I have to tell Harry and Taylor."

I close my door before hurrying back to my desk and retrieving my phone from the drawer. I decide to call Harry first and let him know.