09 | an eye for an eye

N I N E | an eye for an eye—

C A P R I C E

Weeks passed by. My job seemed a little bit lighter as I was getting used to it. But it didn't mean that I like it.My hands developed callouses which I never had before. My skin which was once glowing was starting to feel dry.

But these things were incomparable to my limited food choice.

"You don't look so good, Priz," Aiscelle commented. She had invited me to have lunch at a Mexican themed cafe because she was depressed about her math exam. "It's probably all the unhealthy food and its preservatives."

"Everything has preservatives, Aiscelle," I remarked. "I'm pretty sure our generation has a shorter life expectancy than the predecessors."

The young girl gasped, "I'm used to your straightforwardness, Priz but please stop saying scary things." She took a bite from her flan, smiling as she savored the taste. "You know I can teach you how to cook, right?"

Aiscelle motives were purely good. I knew that. But letting her see what a failure I was in cooking wasn't an option. "I'm fine."

"If you say so." She shrugged before narrowing her eyes. "So, is something going on between you and Acrylic?"

I grimaced. "There is nothing going on between us."

"Really?" She jeered, her eyebrows wiggling.

Acrylic and I had eaten lunch together. He made me laugh with his stupid jokes and I liked the attention. But I wasn't certain about his motives. He didn't say anything either so I decided to observe for a while.

"Let's go?"

I had remembered that Indy said he would call me which led me to search for my phone

I had remembered that Indy said he would call me which led me to search for my phone. It wasn't in my pockets that I rummaged through my room. Shit. The last time I used it was in the office.

"Aiscelle!" I called out.

"What?" Her answer was muffled so I figured that she was taking a shower.