10 | a tooth for a tooth

T E N | a tooth for a tooth—

C A P R I C E

My hands tapped at the keyboard of the laptop. I was almost finished with my task if not for the vivid images that popped in my head. Colt's hostile eyes and his frigid words kept grating at the back of my head. And with it came an overwhelming amount of fury.

I put the laptop on the glass table, my palms covering my face. I resisted the urge to scream. How dare he treat me like that? Yes, I can't tell him what to do but he didn't need to...

"Damn it!" I exclaimed, tearing a piece of paper into pieces with extreme vehemence.

"Woah!" Acrylic came into view in a grey three-piece training suit. The tight  compression shirt displayed his pectorals nicely. "What are you doing with that paper?"

"Ah..." I swept away the trash and forced a smile. "Is it time for lunch?"

"No." AC sauntered over to me and sat on the couch. He smiled showing a set of dimples. "I just wanted to see you."

A pleasant feeling washed over me, instantly disintegrating Colt's memory. I returned AC's easy smile. "Is that so?"

He chuckled with a shake of his head. "Why would I lie?"

The door opened and this time, Maky walked in. I looked up just in time to see his disgruntled face. "What are you doing here, Acrylic? Aren't you supposed to be training?"

AC sighed wearily. "I have a few minutes."

"Training for what?" Acrylic and I had shared many lunch dates but he had never said he was training for anything.

"For my fight," Acrylic answered, directing his attention to me. His sky-blue eyes scanned my face before he scoffed, "Does nothing really impress you?"

Truthfully, I liked Acrylic's demeanor. He was cheerful, handsome and he made me laugh. But I guessed, he also had a man's ego that needed to be stroke every now and then.

And I couldn't do it.

I couldn't pretend to be a woman who thinks being an alpha male is something to fawn over. Besides, I wasn't that impressed because my best friend was an MMA fighter who's nickname was even used by Forbes when he had made their list. Lord of the beasts, they had dubbed him. If AC had a nickname as daunting as that, then I'd be impressed.

"Depends." I glossed over his disappointment with my flirting. I wasn't ready to let go of Acrylic. He might be the answer to my marriage problem. "If I can watch you."