12 | modern day dating

T W E L V E | modern day dating—

C A P R I C E

The sun wasn't fully out when I reached the gym. I couldn't sleep after the whole ordeal with Colt. His apology continued blaring in my head even after he left me in front of my apartment without even a goodbye.

I sighed. I had the urge to drink a chocolate macchiato but my expenses wouldn't let me. Damn. Only my immense pride kept me from asking for help from Indy.

Shit. Can people die without coffee?

'Cause I'm pretty sure I'm dying.

I was about to take a step inside the gym when I saw a guy trying to peek inside. He was a young man with brown curls, wearing a simple shirt and faded pants.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confronting him.

The guy turned to me with fear. "I'm... I'm sorry. I'm not suspicious!"

Huh.

"What are you then?"

He pouted like a kid. His blue eyes were close to tears now. "I just wanted to know if Thanatos is here."

I frowned. Thanatos. Grim Reaper. Death god. Wasn't that Colt's moniker?

"Yes. He's here. But what do you need with him? Are you stalking him?" I crossed my arms. I shot the kid a look of indignation. Kids like him shouldn't be on the streets and shouldn't be following a man like Colt.

"No! I want to be like him. I want to fight like him because he's so cool!" he exclaimed. His cornflower-blue eyes were full of admiration.

"Oh, I see. Good luck then," I muttered and began walking away.

"Wait. I want to see him." His hand reached out to grab or rather stuck on my arm.

How annoying.

I sighed. I shouldn't have talked to this crazy kid in the first place. Flashing a kind smile, I turned my back to him but he didn't let me. Surprisingly, the kid had well-defined muscles. He clung to me like a gecko.

"Get off me before I kill you." I paired my chilling words with a wide smile.

The kid whimpered. His arms fell limply to his side. "Sorry."

I entered the gym and bumped into Taylor. He was humming a Beegees song. "Good morning, Taylor. You're in a good mood?" I greeted with a smile.

"Colt came in early." Taylor's expression showed bewilderment. "It's almost a miracle."

I chuckled. His happiness was contagious. "That's great. It means I don't need to chase him."

Taylor nodded. "Thank you, Priz. You really get him, huh?"