15 | green is the color

F I F T E E N | green is the color—

A C R Y L I C

Choices and actions rule our lives. But after seeing the state of my car, I wanted to believe in luck.

I had been fixing my Camaro since twelve noon but to no luck. I knew I couldn't fix it before my date so I decided to call Caprice. I had tried calling her to tell her that I'd be there even without my car but she didn't answer.

After a few minutes, I received a text from her. She told me that everything was fine and that I need not to worry.

What does that mean?

In the end, I stayed in the house and still trying to fix my car. I was close to my limit. And even though I love my car so much, I kicked it out of frustration.

"Damn! What is wrong with you?"

I clenched my teeth and began thinking of the many things that could be wrong with my car. Was it in the engine? Maybe I needed to change parts.

My head whipped up when I heard the clang of our metal gates. Colt strolled in. I raised an eyebrow because I could feel it. Colt was in a good mood. I could count on my fingers how many times he showed a mien of happiness.

I glanced down at my watch. It was almost ten. What was he doing here? Why was he home?

"Did something good happen?" I eyed him. Truth be told, it was creepy seeing Colt with a hint of a smile tugging on his lips.

Due to my question, Colt's face immediately turned taciturn. His black coat waved against the cold wind as he smirked at me. "Nothing."

"Really?" I asked even though I knew that he hated useless conversations. The relationship between Colt and I was dull and boring. People told me that he and I had a lot of common points. I agreed but I guess that fact didn't mean anything to Colt.

For some reason, we couldn't find a mutual ground where brotherhood or even friendship could rise.

Colt scoffed. "It's none of your business."

I shook my head slowly, chuckling because of our situation. How could a bond arise from this? Between us?

Colt scanned my car and his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. I heard him let out a haughty sigh. "Change the coolant of your car."

What?

I frowned. My eyes followed Colt's silhouette until it disappeared inside the already dimmed house. I walked to my car and opened the hood. I ducked down, my fingers tweaking the parts before I turned my attention to the coolant.

I inspected it and saw that what Colt said was true. The coolant concentration was different than that of my car.

Not compatible.