33 | nameless, faceless

T H I R T Y - T H R E E | nameless, faceless

C A P R I C E

Colt and I had talked to Taylor about my temporary employment. The older man didn't even blink that I figured something deeper was going on. It could be related to what Colt and Acrylic had been arguing about.

But I didn't ask. With my own secrets weighing me down, I knew I didn't have the right to demand Colt of anything.

After that, Colt brought me to his obscure bar. When I entered the place, the thought of a fine-dining restaurant was obliterated from my mind.

It was a bar. Eight tables could fit and at least six by the counter. The wallpaper was a ghastly green color and... I looked around and that's it. Seriously? I wouldn't be caught dead in here.

"I could see you don't like it," Colt said.

"I hate it." As soon as I said that, three people exited the kitchen. I recognized Santi. His shoulder-length was in a braid now, displaying his pierced ears and wide blue eyes.

"It's the pretty girl!" he exclaimed.

"This is Caprice. She's our manager."

I gave a tight smile and crossed my arms. The next two persons were cozying with each other. The one with the blonde curls was familiar. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Yes. I'm Colt's date at that restaurant," she announced with a smirk even as she pressed up with the big guy.

"I see," I muttered and pointed to the next person. "And you are?"

"I'm Rum and this is my husband Kai."

I nodded and turned to Colt. "Can I start?"

"Sure." Colt moved to lean against the counter.

"First of all, get rid of the wallpaper. The second is food. The third is the service. Fourth is marketing. Let's start with marketing and that means making everything as appealing as it is. Got it?"

Santi put his hand up. "So, can I tear down the wallpaper now?"

I managed to chuckle at that as we began working together. We cleaned up the place and after two hours, we were left with white walls, marble floors, and disarray of tables and chairs.

"Hey." I strode up to Colt. "I haven't asked you yet what theme you wanted."

Colt wiped his hands on a rug as he thought of his answer. "I just want something warm. Like there's no place like home."