46 | the faraway curse

F O R T Y - S I X | the faraway curse—

C A P R I C E

Colt let Acrylic pummel him to the ground. He accepted his brother's punches without complaint before Maky interfered. AC was shoved backward where Aiscelle helped him while I shot Colt a pointed look.

He snickered and stood up, rubbing at the blood on his torn lip. With his muscled body on display, every person in the room was aware that he could defeat Acrylic with a flick of his finger.

But he didn't. Colt relished in his brother's wrath like it was nothing but a nuisance.

"Colt, enough!" I said.

"No use, Caprice!" Acrylic screamed, pointing an incriminating finger at his brother. "Because you fell in love with an asshole!"

Colt gestured to himself with an innocent look. "You talking about me?"

"Jesus, Colt! Just tell him!" Maky insisted. His jovial aura faded as irritation crossed his features.

"What?" AC demanded.

"Fine," Colt smirked. "Beg me for it."

Acrylic's rage sparked again. He punched his brother, shaking with uncontrolled anger as he spat out his next words. "Fuck! You always do this! You strut around and brag about the fact that your life is so perfect! And yes, I know that! You're more talented! Caprice chose you! Dad loves you more than me! You don't have to be so cruel and shove all that in my face. Every. Fucking. Time!"

Once again, instead of getting offended, Colt erupted in a fit of laughter.

I sighed. A sermon was on the tip of my tongue when Colt stood straight with a tortured expression on his onyx eyes.

"When we found out what you have been doing, I gave Taylor a list of dirty cops," he said, his voice turning tremulous. "We can pay them so they can't touch you. So, you won't ever have a record. So, you could do what you want. I told him I'll give him the money. Obviously, he didn't listen and decided to put his beloved gym as collateral. And he did that for you!"

The other man frowned.

"You think my life is perfect?" Colt clenched his jaw. His muscles ticked as if trying to contain the turmoil inside him. "You have a loving father, a warm home, and a future with limitless possibilities. And you think my life is perfect? Fuck you! I would give everything to have your life!"

Acrylic froze on his spot as Colt retreated into our bedroom.

My heart throbbed in pain. I should've known that sex wasn't enough to heal him. I berated myself some more when Maky nudged me.