21 | the lord of beasts

T W E N T Y - O N E | the lord of beasts—

I N D I A N A

In life, some things could only be achieved using force. Never once did I believe in crap like 'do good things and you'll be happy etcetera, etcetera'. I used to know someone who wholeheartedly believed in that crap.

He died.

I crouched down to grab the metallic box which I'd gotten earlier this morning. I opened it and spilled its contents in the incinerator in front of me without any qualms. The morning air blew that some of the photographs fell on the ground.

I was about to pick it up but Case beat me to it.

I saw him scrutinize the photograph with his intense blue eyes before his head spun to me. He waved the photographs around. "Isn't this important to you?"

My right arm extended to snatch the photographs from his grasp. I tossed it all in the burning furnace, staring at them hard as the flames lapped them up.

"Indy!" Case exclaimed with disbelief. "That was from Helios, right? Those days were important to you, to Aeon and Caprice."

"Yes but I'm angry," I replied taciturnly.

He raised an eyebrow. "You're angry so you are burning photos?"

"If Aeon didn't die, Caprice wouldn't be fucked up and I wouldn't be chasing after a murderer." I snapped, gritting my teeth. "I'm allowed to be furious."

"I don't think Aeon wanted to die either." Case shook his head.

"Do you know that Caprice had never said his name even once?"

"You know she's like that."

"She's only like that because of the hag." The grip of my left hand tightened on the box.

"I see." Case hummed like he finally got an answer to a puzzle.

I jerked my head to him. "What?"

"I thought it was weird when you didn't make a fuss when she was sent to America. Alone."

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at his inquisitive gaze. "Caprice should be taught a lesson. Her heart is in the wrong place."

"Señora has a point though," Case muttered, frowning with speculation. "Emotions. Sometimes, they're a burden."

"I begged to differ," I exclaimed, smirking in his direction. "I'm alive because I love her and I want to protect her. Señora is wrong. I want Caprice to realize that."

Case's dark blue eyes widened a little before he smiled, "Why didn't you make her realize that then?"

"The world out there is a great teacher," I mumbled in distaste. "And also because, the last time I tried to ask about Aeon, she didn't talk to me for two months."