37 | the eight-year scar

T H I R T Y - S E V E N | the eight-year scar

C A P R I C E

Today was opening day.

Colt and I had enough preparations. I had checked everything from food to service. I would like to think that it would go well. Though my pessimistic side wasn't convinced.

It begged to ask for my bank account details from Indy and withdrew my money.

Fuck. I had no faith in my abilities. Everything I owned and achieved was because of my last name.

My feelings of restlessness continued as I saw Aiscelle exit our apartment. I forced myself to speak but nothing came out.

She passed me in silence.

"This isn't my fault!" I muttered, trying to convince myself that an apology was unnecessary.

My clashing thoughts resumed as I took a bath and changed into a shirt and pants.

I had never apologized unless I deemed that it was the best course of action. Unless it could benefit me. That was the reason why I was on Aiscelle's good side.

She did the cooking and most of the cleaning. I couldn't live without her support.

Or not.

I knew the basics of cooking now. The bar had polished my life skills. There was no need to say sorry to that girl. Maybe I should just ignore it.

I walked the streets towards the bar when I caught sight of Acrylic. He stood beside a streetlight, staring at the people that pass him. I was a bit surprise when he started smoking.

"Hey, AC!" I mumbled, crossing my arms. "Bad day?"

Acrylic took a quaff and ended up coughing his lungs out. He glared at me. "What do you need?"

I smirked. "Who are you fooling, Acrylic? This isn't you."

"Who are you to tell me that?" He shot back, furiously tossing the cigarette. "What? My brother can't satisfy you so you're parading around me again?"

I resisted the urge to smack him. "I don't fucking care if you drop dead right now, pendejo. Let me give you advice though..." I glowered at him. "Stop now or you'll regret it."

Acrylic clenched his jaw. "You don't understand—"

"Whatever, AC. Don't say I didn't warn you."