18 | the first cut is the deepest

E I G H T E E N | the first cut is the deepest—

C A P R I C E

I liked control and making plans. Mapping out the future was everything to me.

That's why the fact that I was still hoping for love left me agitated. I knew emotions were the hardest to control. It would strike out of nowhere, seeping into the bones and the soul.

Abuela had taught me that we could not control the things that happen to us but we could control the way we react to them. And that's what I was going to do. To control how I react.

And I chose to forget. It doesn't matter what I want. What matters is my goal.

A party was held in the nearby nightclub in celebration of RDG's win. The death god slew the championship without any major problems. He did it using numerous amount of leg kicks and an elbow strike which came from a perfect angle. Several scouts that watched the game stood up with amazement in their eyes.

Thanks to me even though I would never hear that thank you from him.

The music was deafening as Aiscelle and I stepped inside. Red and blue orbs illuminated the place. It helped mask the bodies that were mixing in sweat. People were busy grinding their bodies to the upbeat music while others were taking a swig of alcohol on the nearby counter.

It was almost ten when Colt's fight was finished. Aiscelle tugged at my arm. "Priz, do you think it would be alright if I ask Colt to dance with me?"

I let out a tired sigh. "Look at him, Aiscelle. Do you think he will dance with you?"

My roommate followed my gaze. It landed on Colt linking his body with a woman that had an E-cup breast size and plump ass. The brunette girl was pressed up against his body and was grinding against the man's crotch. Colt trailed kisses against her ebony skin.

I saw the way Aiscelle's green eyes misted. She bit her lip to try and contain her sadness. And that pissed me off.

"Aiscelle, come on! You don't cry for men like him!" I yelled to make my voice be heard above the noise.

"I am not!" She sniffed and rubbed at her eyes.

Gosh. Wasn't her feelings just a crush?

I seized her by the arm and went to the bar's counter. I forced her to sit and asked for a drink.

"Daiquiri and French Cosmo for her." The bartender flashed a smile before fixing my order. Three minutes passed before he handed me the Daiquiri. I gave Aiscelle her light martini cocktail.

"But I'm–"

"Just one."

I signaled the bartender for five more. He looked at me with wide eyes but I waved his indecision with my hand. He had no choice but to give me five Daiquiris. I drank the white rum mixture in succession. I asked for more until I felt my throat burn.