11 | flight or fight

E L E V E N | flight or fight—

C A P R I C E

I had made many bad decisions in my life like wearing an orange dress and green shoes.

But that's it. That's the intensity of how bad my decision-making skills were.

Guess my skills could deteriorate. I mean, how could I have accepted Taylor's request? My plan of staying away from Colt Luciente turned to dust, blown away by a huge storm.

If that wasn't enough, Colt was nowhere to be found.

I had wasted an entire afternoon to find him. But unless he was invisible, I concluded that he had run away from our deal. The bastard!

I expelled air from my lungs and proceeded to find Maky. Taylor was counting on me and failing was never an option. I stormed through the line of treadmills before finding Maky. The trainer was looking at his watch while his client did push-ups.

"Maky!" Shocked eyes flew in my direction but I neglected them. Making a scene wasn't my forte but I was desperate, furious mostly. Strangling Colt was more important.

Maky's expression was a mixture of awe and fear. He straightened, visibly gulping. "Uhm, is something wrong Priz?"

"Where's the death god?"

"Fetching souls, probably?" he answered with an unsure smile.

I crossed my arms, raising a challenging eyebrow. My fingers tapped in a rhythmic pattern against my skin, something I apparently do when patience was down to its final stint. "You wanna try that again?"

Maky chewed at his lip, sighing heavily. "Alright. I'll take you to him."

Brisk walking seemed to be the trend in this part of the country

Brisk walking seemed to be the trend in this part of the country. Once again, I found myself stressfully tailing Maky. He was quiet as we passed countless establishments. I thought he would bring me to Colt's apartment but we were getting further from the heart of the town.