Chapter 1: The Forbidden Forest

Encre walked down the street in the small village. She held art tools in her hands and a large white canvas.
She was a French artist and was quite popular in the village, due to the beautiful paintings she produced. But, even though she was popular she was bullied for some reason. Yet Encre didn't think of it as much. Encre thought to herself as she looked around the village.
'Hmmm... What should I paint. I really want to find some thing that illustrates the beauty of nature. Ooorrr, maybe something like .... Imagination or adventure!' As she thought she stopped walking and looked at her right. A forest...
Her curiosity always won over her as usual, Encre looked through the trees.
"Huh... That's probably a great place to find something to paint!" She said to herself. She did think of the danger though but she didn't seem to care.
Suddenly, something hit her rib with immense force and Encre fell onto the cobblestone path.
She looked up to see three monsters glaring at her.
'Oh great. The bullies. Just what I needed....'

Encre's P.OV

I stared at the monsters as I clutched onto my stomach.
It hurt to much... It felt like I was on fire and that someone was punching me non-stop on my ribs.
I struggled, but soon got up to face them. They smiled as they saw me holding onto my ribs. "Ha ha! Look at you! Your so weak!" The leader shouted as he hit me again on the ribs. I heard a crack.
' D-did he just break one of my r-ribs?...' I fell back onto the floor clutching myself as a bloodstain appeared. "Go and die in the forest! Everyone would be better off without you!!?? Even the Queen."

Their words stung my heart like nettles but luckily they made themselves scarce, leaving me there.
I soon was able to get up and retrieve my tools and canvas. It hurt like hell!? But I was thankful. It could of been worse...
Those bullies would do anything to make me get in pain. It took me a couple of attempts to get up but was eventually able to stand up and walk awkwardly down the cobblestone streets of the village. After what seemed like hours of torture I arrived at the door of my house where I took my keys from a pocket and unlocked the door. Entering my house and locking the door I set my things aside before heading up the stairs. I went into the bathroom where I painfully took off my shirt, the moment it was off a big amount of blood ended up dropping onto the floor. I covered my mouth at the sight of it making me feel sick but it was even worse when I looked in the mirror. My eyes widened at the sight, no wonder I was in so much pain... More than one rib was broken, several were bleeding heavily while others were bruised. I quickly wiped away my tears and grabbed a cloth which I used to clean up the blood, slightly wincing every time I cleaned them up. Wrapping them up with bandages I felt a little better but still looked into the mirror with dull eyes. I grabbed a fresh shirt and put it on, throwing the blood stained one in the bin. Leaving the room and entering my art studio which was also my bedroom I examined the amount of supplies that I had left. 'Great... I have to buy more things...' Sighing sadly and placing a few gold coins in my pocket I went down stairs and exited my house where I locked the door and made my way down the cobblestone streets of the village. My eyes flickered from side to side in case of any of the bullies would attack me luckily there was no sign of them and I eventually made it to the shop that had the words 'Temethy Shop!' Painted in white on the wooden post above the doorway, slowly I entered and was greeted by the excited dog that owned the shop. "Hoi! Welcome to Temethy Shop! " I smiled as I immediately headed to the art section where I grabbed a fresh palette of paint and a medium sized canvas before going to the counter and giving the dog money. The second I gave her the money her eyes widened and she stared at it as if she had never seen money before. Backing away I quickly ended up exiting the shop and started to walk back to my home when...

"Hey look! Its the stupid weak skeleton. " My head shot to my right as I saw the gang of monsters who often beated me until I bled heavily. Tears started to form in the corners of my eyes as they began to laugh at me. That was when one of them stopped and looked through my soul with his red eyes. "Didn't we tell you that it would be better of if you were dead? Or are you asking for a death wish?" He asked sourly as he began to roll up his sleeves and start to take a few steps forward towards me. I flinched, I didn't want to get even more hurt than I was now!? Without warning he lunged at me with his fist towards my face and I only just dodged by moving to my right, it seemed like time had slowed down as he shot past me giving me a horrid glare that seemed to hurt me just by looking at it. Time regained its seconds and me and him were facing each other at a distance, he was growling as he clenched his fists. While I stood there trembling and gripping harder on my art tools that I had just bought. He smirked as he stood up straight and beckoned his friends who went to him before they all started to walk away. I thought it was over but he shouted at me once more. "Do what your told and die. " And then they were gone. I stood there still for a few minutes when my legs gave away under me and I fell on the ground on my knees and tears started to fall down my cheeks. My emotions were filled with only pain, sadness, fear...And I no longer believed that I should be in this world any longer. My gaze looked up and to my right, the Forbidden Forest. The home of the awful blood-thirsty vampires, the home... of my future death. I stood up with trembling legs as I began to walk towards the thick trees with dull eyes. My hand rested on the thick, rough bark of one of the trees as I looked into the gloom. I turned around too see if anyone was there, no one I turned back and inhaled.