Chapter 30: An unexpected save

Azure's P.O.V

I patrolled the border that laid between the village and the Forbidden Forest. My thoughts where only about the safety of the village and Encre. I was terribly worried about her from the fact that last time I saw her, she saw wounded by one of my own friends... Sudden movement in the corner of my head made me turn my head to it, walking towards the area I had my sword at hand just in case. Suddenly I was grabbed from behind and my sword was somehow taken out of my grasp, I was pulled into the forest. With no hesitation I screamed as loud as I could before my mouth was covered by a shadowed hand. With a strong grip I was pulled into the forest, my feet being dragged in front of me through the leaves. Suddenly, the attacker stopped pulling me and was looking in the direction of the village through thick trees. I also looked on in worry and terror ,before the sound of running footsteps approached me. The attacker seemed to have heard this and dropped me, making me fall into the forest leaves and pine needles. Something, possibly my sword or something very heavy was dropped onto my leg. Tears fell down my face from the sudden pain and I buried my face into the leaves.

The sound of footsteps had come louder and suddenly a blood curdling scream filled the air as well as the scent of blood. I looked up to see figures fighting one another, one held a sword whilst the other held what seemed to be an iron bar. One lunged at the other with the sword however its opponent dodged. The opponent hit the other with the iron bar and another scream filled the air. I curled up into a ball as I shook from the pain which came from my leg. The noise of something falling into the leaves made me shake even more and I was soon picked up. As I cried I looked up at a figure and seemed to recognize them. "Sir R-Rufous?" I stuttered but my mouth was covered with a finger as Rufous glanced at the attacker that laid shaking in the pile of leaves. He glanced back at me before running back in the direction of the village. We ran into the village to be greeted by Simon and his apprentice Orion, who looked at me in utter shock. "Azure! Are you alright!? What happened!?" I started to cry before burying my face into Rufous' apron. "She was attacked. Possibly by a vampire, but I'm not too sure... Her leg has been wounded..." My leg was bleeding and pain was flowing through it. "Well... Then, we've got a problem..." Simon sighed with worry. Rufous looked at him confusingly. "Whats wrong?" He asked. "Im afraid Dr. Lofty has left and has left for a couple days to go and attend another town for medical issues... So where going to have to heal Azure ourselves... Somehow." Rufous growled in annoyance. "Who needs a doctor!? I can heal Azure myself." Rufous had held up one of his hands which suddenly started to glow a warming green color.

The scent of fresh herbs and leaves ran through the air. Simon and Orion stared at it with fascination. "Wow!!" Orion shouted with excitement. "I'll take Azure to my home for her to heal ok?" After some short talking Rufous left with me still in his arms, often whimpering as he moved around. We entered his house which laid next to his blacksmith and he laid me down onto his bed before grabbing some bandages from a cupboard, delicately he wrapped them around my leg. Soon he placed his hands onto the wound and a green glow appeared from it suddenly. Pain shot through me making me whimper whilst tears flowed down my cheeks. "Im so s-sorry Azure if t-this hurts..." Rufous was able to say as he concentrated.

15 minutes later...

I lay on the bed, panting and breathing heavily. Soon I attempted to sit up and was able to lean against one of the bed posts. Rufous came in with a tray and had a warm smile on his face, he sat down next to me and handed me the tray which had some food placed onto it. I placed it next to me before hugging Rufous and digging my face into his shirt. "Oh Sir Rufous... I feel so safe in your arms..." As I whispered this I could feel Rufous rubbing the back of me. "I-Im so sorry..." Rufous looked at me in confusion, he pulled me forward so that I was facing him. "Sorry for what?" He asked. "For putting you in danger... I should have been more careful..." I whispered sadly but loud enough for him to hear. "No. I'm sorry. I should have come sooner! Then... You wouldn't have got hurt..." Rufous pulled me into a tight hug, giving me a small kiss on my cheek. "You can stay here for the night and sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch ok." I nodded with a small blue blush still on my cheeks. "Ok! Goodnight Azure!" He called out before leaving me in his room. I took of my armor before sliding into his bed and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four chapters in one day! AMAZING!