Chapter 28: Fever and more memories

Encre hadn't woken up for a long time... all of us where worried, even the maids but mostly Fallacy. He loved Encre the most and he's already been through times when his loved ones where ill especially when it was-.......

I was sitting by Encre's bed, she was sleeping with a blush on her face. Sauve and Jasper where also sitting by me as we waited. I sighed sadly. "C-come on Encre?...W-wake up... Please?" I said as I stroked Encre's cheek, suddenly he head fell to to her left onto her pillow. I screamed in terror as Jasper hugged me. Sauve had run out and came back with all the ,maids and a bucket of water.

Without thinking he splashed it onto Encre's face and she woke up with a scream. I stopped crying and stared at Encre before hugging her. "Oh Encre!? You scared me..." Encre was shaking from the ice cold water. "S-so cold... I feel a-awful..." She whispered as she held me tightly. I pressed my hand against her forehead, it was amazingly hot like a fire. "Gazelle? Can you get a towel and a bucket of water?" Gazelle immediately nodded before leaving the room with Bunny. I took of Encre's shirt even though she was cold and laid her back down on her bed. Gazelle and Bunny returned with the things I needed and handed them to me. Soaking the towel in the bucket of water I heard Encre whimper, I squeezed the towel before placing it on her forehead. Suddenly she screamed and literally threw the towel of herself, only to be caught by my blue strings. I sighed with slight annoyance before pressing the towel against her head with force to make sure she didn't take it off. She scrambled around in my grip as I forcefully kept her down, soon she stopped and sighed in defeat, another towel was put onto her ribs which make her squeak from the cold.

After some time Encre had fallen asleep from all the tiredness. Sauve came to me with a slight smile on his face. "Its ok My Lord. Encre only had a fever, nothing serious at all." I sighed in relief before leaving Sauve standing in the hallway. I entered my room, closing the door behind me and opened a drawer. I grabbed something from it and stared at it. It was a small black box, I opened it to see a beautiful ring. Sighing sadly I closed it and placed it back in the drawer. 'How am I going to purpose to Encre...' Lying on my bed and closing my eyes I closed my eyes and thought before dozing off.

Dream...

I was wearing a cloak and was walking down the cobblestone streets of the village that laid near my castle. Soon I came across a young skeleton girl sitting against a wall with a sketchbook in her hands, she was sketching the edge of the forest that was in front of her. I smiled but soon frowned when I saw three young monsters like her kick her in the arm. She whimpered in pain and slight terror as the 'bullies' laughed at her. Growling, I ran in between them so that the monsters couldn't hurt her anymore. "Hey! Stop hurting her! Scram you idiots!!" Shouting with frustration and hate the bullies soon ran off with annoyed looks. Sighing with relief that they had gone I turned to the young girl. Tears where running down her face as she clutched her right arm in pain, soon she looked up at me with a weak smile. "Th- Thank y-you..." Noticing that she was hurt I helped her up and picked up her sketchbook. Before handing it over to her I stared at the sketch she had done which made me smile. "This is... beautiful. Your a great artist." The girl smiled softly in response. She stared at me in astonishment as I looked at her with a confused look.

"What amazing markings you have!" I realized she had been looking at the markings that outlined my eyes. Looking into her eyes I saw that one was a pupil and the other... was a beautiful star with a pupil in the middle which was the color of the sky. "Whats your name?" I asked as she smiled even more. "My name is Encre! What about yours?" I wasn't sure if I should tell her my name... "I'm afraid I cannot tell you it... However I may tell you another time." Instead of a questioning look she only smiled. "How is your arm? Does it hurt?" Encre sighed sadly and nodded. "It hurts a bit... but... I think its ok." Nodding I knew that I had to go. I could see a couple of guards walking up the path in the distance. "I'm afraid that I have to go. Goodbye Encre, we may meet again." The young girl waved goodbye to me as I ran into the alleyways of the village, soon making my way into the forbidden forest.

Suddenly I woke up from the dream... or more, the memory. I couldn't believe that the girl was Encre and that I knew her as I child, years ago. I got of my bed and headed to Encre's room, opening the door a little I saw Encre sitting upwards in her bed, sketching with a smile on her face. Entering the room she looked up at me happily, putting her sketchbook onto the table that was next to her bed. "Hello Fallacy! How are you?" "I should be asking you." Encre chuckled lightly before responding. "Im fine... But... WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME WHO IS SICK!??!" I laughed loudly at Encre's silly complaint and she did as well. Suddenly Sauve came in with a smile on his face. "My Lord. You and Encre have two guests to see you." I nodded and Sauve left. "Encre. Get changed and then we'll see who it is?" Encre nodded and I left, waiting outside of her room. After a bit of time she came out wearing a shirt and trousers. Handing her scarf to her she immediately put it on, she really loved it and I was happy that she liked it. We both walked down the stairs and were met by two other skeletons. I recognized them and was slightly annoyed in a way. " Macabre and Cruzar... What is it you two want this time? Is it to do with the council?" I didn't want anything more to do with the council. "Ah come on Fallacy? We're only here to meet Encre! Last time we where here it was for a serious matter and we didn't get to make a new friend." Cruzar said with an excited look. I sighed and nodded, Cruzar immediately ran over to Encre. "Hi Encre! My name is Cruzar and this is Macabre." Cruzar pointed at the taller figure who was dressed up amazingly smart. "Nice to meet you too. But, why are you so happy to meet me anyways?" Encre asked with curiosity. Cruzar shrugged and Macabre laughed.

"Not to disappoint you Encre but these two are Spanish thieves. So, don't trust them too much." Encre stared at Macabre for some reason. "Sorry if I waste your time Monsieur but may I sketch a portrait of you?" Macabre nodded and Encre ran up the stairs to get something. " Ah... Encre is an artist I see?" I nodded as Encre came back down with her sketchbook and 'tools'. Grabbing a chair she made Macabre sit on it and she started to sketch with immense concentration. I stood behind her and watched her. Cruzar just made sure that Macabre sat still. After what seemed like only ten minutes Encre had finished. She turned her sketchbook to Macabre so that he could see the portrait, he gasped in amazement. Cruzar also looked at it and was amazed. "Wow... This is amazing! You are very talented Encre." Macabre said, Encre slightly blushed and hugged me.

"Well... We better be off now!" Cruzar announced and after some goodbyes they where gone. "They where nice weren't they, for Spanish thieves!" Encre said cheerfully. I took her to the main hall so that she could have some dinner which Sauve had made for her. Encre sat down at the table and started to eat her meal which was , to her delicious. I drank a blood bag opposite her as well as Jasper who sat next to me. After some time we all finished our meals, Encre stood up and walked over to me. "Well! Goodnight Fallacy, you too Jasper. I'm exhausted!" She gave me a little kiss and hugged Jasper before leaving, soon Jasper left as well. I turned into a bat and flew to Encre's room entering it I watched as she lied down. She saw me and smiled pulling out her hand towards me, I landed onto it and saw that she was staring at me with starry eyes, I squeaked and she laughed. "Oh Fallacy! Your so adorable as a bat!" I blushed a little and hugged her before flying back out of her room. I flew to my room because I was tired and landed onto my bed. I didn't bother turning back to my normal form and soon I fell asleep as a bat.