Fake Angel

"Taehyung?" He looks up at you with a blank expression. You are taken aback by the beauty of the scene. He sits surrounded by plants that appear to be bowing to his prowess. The blue lights in the fountain behind him cast a glow around his figure. He looked... angelic. Your mouth agape, you only come out of your daze when you see Taehyung leaning forward to hide his face in his hands. Is he crying? You wonder as you cautiously approach taking slow, quiet steps. When you reach him, you stand awkwardly in front of him looking down at the top of his head. Your inner fangirl appreciates the angle and you are overwhelmed by the want to touch his hair. You fight down that desire as you sit next to him quietly. You look at him, but he doesn't look up. A couple of minutes pass and an announcement is made that the mall will be closing in five minutes. A sense of urgency comes over you, but you don't really want to throw your pride away either. He was the one being mean! Now he's throwing a tantrum like a little kid. How mature. You roll your eyes and huff, looking away from him. Then you sigh. You've seen him cry before in videos and it always breaks you down. You don't want to be the cause of that. You gently place a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?" You ask as softly as you can. It's silent once again. You aren't sure what to do at this point, your hand still resting gingerly on his shoulder. You pat him gently, unsure of how to console him. He suddenly looks up, locking his eyes with yours. You're jolted still by the depth of his stare. Yo want to break away, but you aren't sure that's the right thing to do right now, so you continue to look into his dark eyes. He shakes his head, which you assume is a response to your question. Before you can prompt him further, he asks you a question.

"Why did you say we could never happen?" Your eyes widen and it's almost as if with the increased width you can see more- like the hint of hurt in his eyes.

"What?" You're dumbfounded, hand still resting on his shoulder, you slowly begin to retract it, but Taehyung grabs your hand and holds it tenderly looking down before looking back up to catch your eyes once again. You thought this was about the clothes, it wasn't.

"Why did you say we could never happen?"

"Wh-what do you mean?" Your face is heating at the contact and closeness.

"You know what I mean," he retorts. "You don't like me?"

"No, no..." you begin. "Of course I like you! I've idolized you all for years! You all are people I will always respect and support..." You trail off. Taehyung doesn't say anything and waits for you to gather your thoughts. "That's just it, Taehyung. You guys are idols and I'm- I'm nobody." You admit with a sigh. We couldn't work out. Not to mention that I only met you in person yesterday. You leave out that part. You're still shocked why a famous and handsome man would be upset over that anyway.

"Don't say that," he squeezes your hand a little tighter, not enough to hurt, but enough to make you realize he was doing it. Your face heats again and your body stiffens. "You're not a nobody, everybody counts. Everybody matters to someone," His eyes seem even deeper than before. You're drowning, but you can't look away. "And you matter to me (y/n)," he leans in slowly and you remember the same situation in the store. You're shocked, but you stay still.

"The mall is closing now," a voice interrupts. You crash back into reality and look up to see a security guard hovering over you both. You snatch your hand away from Taehyung's much to his dismay. "You have to leave." He states.

"Of course, sir," You look back at Taehyung who doesn't look too happy. You grab his wrist and briskly walk to the nearest exit. He trails behind, slipping his hand into yours without you noticing. Once you both exit the mall, you realize you came out of the exit on the opposite side of the mall from where your car is parked. You facepalm. You let go of Taehyung, but he doesn't let go of your hand. You look over your shoulder at him.

"What's wrong?" You ask. He's pouting.

"I can't believe I lost to Yugyeom," he huffs. You roll your eyes.

"Can't you just let it go?"

"No!" He says stomping a foot on the ground and you chuckle. This child... "We need to have a rematch!" You groan.

"Look, Taehyung, for what you need the clothes for, your outfit is the best okay?" You say turning fully to face him.

"So why did Yugyeom win?" He arches an eyebrow and you die a little inside.

"Well, his idea was cute and you were being mean to him-" He steps closer to you.

"You thought that him coupling with you was cute?" He raises his eyebrows and this time you can't hold back a little sound of surprise. He smirks and your face overheats. He steps closer.

"It's just that you were being too mean-" He steps forward yet again, the tips of his shoes nearly meeting the tips of yours.

"Ah," he says looking up as if he is contemplating. "So what you're saying is that you didn't judge fairly." He taps his chin, and you grow anxious for some reason. It's true that you weren't exactly impartial when judging, so you couldn't blame him for being upset.

"Then, I should get compensation," he grins. You scoff.

"Compensation? For what? Damage to a fragile ego?" You sass him.

"Yes, exactly that. I have been wounded," he deflects your insult as he grips is chest and feigns pain as if that's where the ego resides. You roll your eyes, yet again. They're going to fall out at this rate. You giggle at his foolishness.

"Okay, what do you want?"

"A kiss."

--------------------------------------

A/N: So here we are again... me writing, you reading, liking, voting, and commenting. Thank you all so much for the support. Next chapter will focus on a member of Got7. Who do you think it will be?