Song

You start to feel warm as your eyes flutter open. You look around briefly and find yourself nuzzled in Yoongi's chest who is sleeping peacefully. Once you are able to open your eyes all the way, you heck your phone to see it's about four o'clock. Wow, I really slept that long?  You pull gently away from Yoongi, yawning slightly and reaching your arms toward the ceiling to stretch. 

You look over once again at Yoongi and how soft he looks, his cheeks looking absolute squishable with his lips pouting. You feel a strike to your fangirl heart. Ahhh!! He really is too cute. You smack you cheeks a few times to get your mind back from outerspace. You slowly maneuver your legs beneath you and prepare to stand, but before you stand, a hand clamps onto your wrist. You look down surprised. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Yoongi's husky voice rings out. 

"I thought you were asleep." You respond. 

"How would I not notice if you left?" He retorts. It fascinates you because that seems completely different from the image you got of him in videos. He seemed to be the type to sleep through anything. You didn't know that it was you specifically that allowed him the rest he so desired all this time. 

"Where are you going?" He asks again, still not releasing your wrist. 

"I have to go to the bathroom." 

"I'm coming with you," he says, moving to stand. 

"No! Why would you come with me?" You say surprised. "Just lay down, I'll be back soon." You plead. He wants to stay with you.  He promised himself before that he would never let you go. You squat and put your hand on his shoulder. "I'll really be right back. I won't be long." You try to tell him. You have no idea why he's so concerned about you going alone.

When he still tries to stand, you push his shoulder sending him to lay back down in the nest of blankets and pillows. He looks up at you in shock.

"You're so clumsy," you wink at him before turning and hurrying out of the room. 

"You pushed me!" You hear him yell after you causing you to endure a fit of laughter and now really need to pee. You hurry to a bathroom, the closest one near the kitchen. 

Once you relieve yourself, you exit the bathroom and notice things that you didn't notice in your hurry. It's quiet, the sun shining dully onto the hardwood floors. There isn't a person in sight and you wonder what all the guys could be up to. You're about to head back to Yoongi until you hear a beautiful singing voice. The voice wrings quiet and pure in the silence, the emotion hangs in the air and draws you in. Before you know it, you're out in the garden where you see Youngjae standing by the fountain singing. He looks gorgeous as the golden sun shines through his brown locks and gives him an ethereal halo. 

You recognize that he's singing "Nobody Knows," which pulls at your heartstrings. You listen from a distance for a while until you hear him finish the song. His hand traces gently over the water in the fountain. You walk up to him, just to see if he's feeling okay. Before you reach him, he looks up at you, causing you to freeze mid-step. Did he hear me coming?

"Hey (y/n)," he says simply. 

"Uh, hey," you say back. "I heard you singing. You sound beautiful as always." You say avoiding eye contact with him.

"Thank you," he says. Something seems to be on his mind, you think. 

"What's wrong?" You ask.

"Nothing... I've been working on a new song. Want to hear it?" He smiles brightly. 

"Sure!" You giggle, which to him was far better than any song he's heard. He begins with a hum before singing lyrics. 

"What should I say" He begins, the tone ringing clearly in your ears.

"After thinking about it countless times
I want you
I want you so much
I kept thinking it over and over again, but

He hums the next few lines, filling the spaces for words with 'la's and 'da's probably still considering lyrics for that section. It still sounds beautiful. You allow your eyes to close as you listen. He continues. 

"I'm doing well 

So I hope for you to be well too

I end up saying these weird things..."  He trails off and you are encompassed by the silence that follows his voice. The stillness of it in itself is moving. You didn't realize you were swaying until his voice interrupts your moment of silence.

"That song is for you," he says shyly. You don't know what to say, it's so beautiful. You take a deep breath and hold yourself together by the threads. 

"Youngjae... I can't return your feelings, I'm sorry." You see the tears start to form in his eyes and whatever strength you had that tried to hold your mental state together disappeared immediately. He pulls you into a warm hug and you feel the tears start to stream down your cheeks. You're tired of crying. You don't want to cry anymore, but it's hard. 

"Can't you reconsider? I know I could make you happy..." He pleads gently. You pull away from his hug, looking him right in the eyes. This is the least you could do after he wrote and entire song for you. You shake your head. 

"I can't." Your fists ball up as if to strengthen your resolve.

"What is going on here?" A voice asks. Your head whips around to see Yoongi who looks between you and Youngjae with wide eyes, clearly upset after seeing your crying face. 

A/N: HEY! So, an update as promised. As an apology for being late, I'm releasing the first two chapters of the other story I've been working on, titled Aura, which is a Got7 x Reader. Sorry ARMY! There's so much BTS fanfiction, so I thought I ought to show Got7 some love first. I'll write a BTS fanfiction later. There are also other groups I would like to try my hand with...

ANYWAY. Check out my new story! I won't be releasing any new chapters until Lucky You is finished, I just wanted to give y'all a taste of what's ahead. Let me know what you think!

The song featured in this chapter is "Call Button" by ARS (Choi Youngjae).

Thanks so much for reading!