{11} Gut Up?

"We are gonna fight our fucking way out of here"

•••

Both saviours were trapped. The constant reminder of the snapping jaws and snarling moans echoing from around them. Brooklyn had done her best to remain calm by filling up her bag with a couple CDs and a CD player whilst Negan paced up and down, separating himself from the world by becoming engrossed in deep thought.

Zipping up her bag, Brooklyn then grabbed her newly found guitar and hung the strap around her shoulder, making it secure so that if she had to run, it wouldn't fall off or get in her way.

The build up of growling became louder and Brooklyn watched the large group of blood-thirsty monsters scratch their gnarly fingers against the sealed doors. They were definitely getting hungrier out there and the girl wasn't sure how long that glass barrier would hold.

"Negan, are you alright?" She made her way over to where he was standing and waited for the response that was yet to come, "we're gonna get out of this... We just need some sort of plan."

The man stifled a snarky chuckle, "Sit the fuck down sweetheart, we wouldn't even be this deep in shit if you hadn't of wanted to come in this crappy little store!" Brooklyn kept her lips sealed as he continued to speak, "and it was all for what? So you could get your fucking guitar, grab some shitty CDs and pretend you're not living in a nice world full of happy undead shits?! Yeah, nice fucking plan..."

Ouch.

The girl didn't answer and instead stormed over towards one of the displays. At first, she looked as if she was going to burst in to a fit of angry tears, yet, she didn't. Brooklyn continuously kicked the shelves down, letting out a piercing roar as she did so.

Negan sighed and sarcastically clapped his hands, "well done, you've successfully drawn even more attention than there already was, congratu-fucking-lations!" She completely blanked him out and carried on letting loose against the display.

Fed up, Negan trudged over, narrowed his eyes and dramatically huffed, "you done with your little temper tantrum now?"

Brooklyn shot him a glare and stopped. She folded her arms and straightened her stance whilst blowing a loose curl out of her face. "Just fuck off Negan, maybe if you actually shut that bullshit mouth of yours, we could figure a way out!"

"Says the one who likes to karate kick fucking shelves..." He mumbled.

Annoyed, Brooklyn shifted her weight all on to one foot and groaned, "only because you pissed me off! I don't think you realise how much coming in this place mattered to me!" She loudly swallowed the lump in her throat and noticed Negan's features soften, "at the start of all this, my sister- her name was Bailey, she was terrified of the roamers. I guess it was normal for a kid of her age. Anyways, when she was scared, I used to sing to her and it somehow always calmed her down. That's why I needed to come here, it just reminded me of her and when I used to write my songs, it was just a way for me to escape- even before it all." Her voice had become quiet, all signs of anger gone, and even Negan didn't have that smug look on his face anymore, instead he seemed to show some sort of sympathy.

Despite the continuous moaning from their vicious audience, Negan cleared his throat and pulled his head back, "how old was she?" He glanced back over at her, stuttering on words as he became unsure of what to say.

"Eleven."

"Damn... Shits not fucking fair."

Brooklyn nodded, "have you-" she gingerly took a glance at his rings of amber, "during this, have you lost someone?"