{24} Leap Of Faith

"I want them to know that you're mine"

•••

Everything finally felt right again. Negan still had a lot to make up for what he did, but nonetheless, Brooklyn had listened to what he had to say and decided to give him one last chance.

Together, they both sauntered down the hallway, Negan's arm snaked around the girl's body, "could you hold me any tighter?" She snorted.

In a casual tone, he shrugged back, "don't want any of these assholes to try anything with my girl." Those words made her smile, and she leant her head on his shoulder.

"Protective... I like it."

Negan rolled his tongue against his lips, leading her through the familiar double doors of the cafeteria. As soon as their appearance was noticed, the various conversations and general gossip quickly faded away in to a spine chilling silence.

Acting as if everything was normal, the leader pompously strolled over to where the workers and saviours would normally line up for food- but of course he skipped to the front. Gingerly, Brooklyn followed, feeling partly guilty for pushing past them all.

"Well, hello there," he spoke to the chef, a devilish grin was shown on his face whilst his eyes scoured the different dishes. After a few seconds, Negan motioned his head towards Brooklyn, urging her to come forward, "what do you want, baby?"

A series of low whispers and murmurs were heard at the use of his pet name, "um, anything- I don't mind," for Brooklyn, the feeling of having everyone watching felt horrible and painfully awkward. She bit her lip, weakly smiling at the tables of people as they all stared at her like deer caught in headlights.

Negan narrowed his eyes, sensing some sort of uneasiness in the girl's demeanour. He turned his attention back to the panicked chef and smirked, "fucking surprise us, you know what to do," with that said, he clicked his fingers and guided the girl back outside in to the corridor.

"You alright darlin'? You seemed a bit, I dunno, you seemed weird?"

She chuckled, shaking her head at his choice of words, "I'm fine, it's just- everyone was staring at us, and it felt really awkward."

"That felt awkward?" Negan tucked a loose curl behind her ears and snickered at how adorable she was, "damn... what about when you shouted at me in front of half the compound?"

They both laughed until Brooklyn nudged his shoulder, "nah, I was to pissed off at you to care," she stopped and grinned, "bet I embarrassed you pretty good though, huh?"

He winced, "fuck yeah- but you also made me realise how much of a fucking ass I was."

Sighing, Brooklyn began to comb through his hair with her fingers whilst gazing up at him from underneath her thick eyelashes. At first he tried to speak, but she soon silenced him by passionately pressing her lips softly against his.

It was only a short kiss, but it was still meaningful. It was so raw and sweet, that even when she pulled away, Negan was still itching to taste more.

Brooklyn hung one arm around his neck, allowing her head to cuddle in to his warm chest. She loved the moments like this- the moments where the world didn't feel like it wasn't inhabited by undead corpses, but instead felt like she was living a happy life with the man she loved. In some way, you could say that she was living that happy life, but there was still a lot of shit that her and Negan had to handle- one of those things being Rick Grimes.

Aside from that, Brooklyn didn't want that Alexandrian prick to shadow her good day, so for now, she pushed it to the back of her mind and decided to take a leap of faith, "I love you Negan."