{25} Guy Talk

"I don't fucking like you- at all!"

•••

"Move you're asses people!" Negan demanded, marching up and down the balcony railing, his bony digits wrapped around the brim of Lucille as he observed the saviours running around like ants on the factory floor, "we're attacking late tonight! I want everything ready now!"

Since early this morning, Negan had been pacing up and down the balcony that overlooked the main hall, yelling orders, settling plans and even threatening punishments. He had refused to allow failure as a possible outcome for today's attack, in fact, his very words were; 'we're not leaving until Prick Grimes is dead'.

A gentle hand grasped his shoulder, causing him to frantically turn around, "What do you want Dwigh-" the man immediately stopped, his features softening at the sight of Brooklyn, "oh- sorry darlin'," he clutched her hand, leading her towards the edge of the rusting metal bars.

A sinister grin found its way on to the girl's lips, teeth gleaming and dimples showing, "today's the day," she felt his hands slither around her waist, holding her close to his chest, "today's finally the day."

Negan smirked, the coffee coloured hue in his eyes twinkling at her words of encouragement, "it sure is sweetheart," with his free hand he squeezed her arm, nuzzling in to the crook of her neck.

"What's the plan tonight then?" She skimmed the sight of the workers, butterflies fluttering in her stomach as she inhaled Negan's sweet and familiar scent of smoke and whiskey.

It was an exciting day for the both of them, and to be honest, it didn't surprise Negan how much Brooklyn wanted this for the sanctuary as he knew that she wasn't one to let go- if someone hit her, she'd hit them twice as hard back. "You're staying with me, we'll arrive at Alexandria, give that asshole a chance to peacefully let us through, and if not? We burn the fucking place to the ground..."

Pecking a kiss to his chapped lips, Brooklyn smiled, "sounds like a plan," she cuddled in to him, softly closing her eyes in a daze, "what time do we leave?"

Negan slung Lucille down by his waist, holding her loosely in his grasp whilst he gave his upmost attention to the girl, "midnight."

They stood there together, observing the workers, fingers intertwined and bodies huddled together. Brooklyn hummed, flicking her head back to remove the strand of dainty brown hair out of her face, "I need to go see Hunter and Austin."

Emitting a sigh of annoyance, Negan chewed the inside of his cheek, "d'you have to? Hell, those fuckers don't deserve an explanation for your life, sweetheart." Brooklyn shook her head at his statement, she could understand his frustration, but those two brothers were her friends, there was no way that she was going to ditch them and leave them in the dark again.

The girl tilted her head to the side, shrugging, "yeah I know, but they're my best friends. I lied to them last time, so now I wanna be as honest as possible."

Once again, Negan frowned, rolling his eyes like an ungrateful teenager, "fucking fine, but I'm coming with you-"

"No-" she quickly protested. Yet much to her distaste, she was entirely cut off with a cheeky laugh from the leather clad leader, "you told me yesterday you'd prefer if I'd come, so I'm coming with you," he told her, smug.

Wow, nice one Brooke, "ugh ok, can we go now then? Get it over with?" Without a word, Negan nodded and swung the perilous weapon on to his shoulder, strolling down the steps and in to the corridor with the girl by his side.