{27} I wouldn't Mind

"I'd fall anywhere with you"

•••

Sat alone, back comfortably leant up against the rugged bark of an old willow tree, a gentle breeze and an acoustic guitar sat in her lap was simply- the best. In Brooklyn's eyes, that was all she needed to feel at ease.

After yesterday's events, the girl had decided that she deserved a day to relax and forget about all of the problematic chaos that was surrounding her life. Negan was currently with Simon, despite his injuries, he was determined to get what he wanted by putting together more plans. Obviously Brooklyn had moaned at him, demanding that he rest, but Negan was Negan and he wasn't going to stop until those Alexandrians fell in line.

Being her argumentative self, Brooklyn had sternly told the man that today was her day, and she wasn't doing anything that involved Rick Grimes. At first, Negan was slightly moody about her 'slacking off' but soon realised that he was acting like an asshole and she'd done so much to help the sanctuary already.

Her fingers picked at the tightened strings of the instrument, contently sighing at the purity of the different sounds it created. She hummed, fluttering her eyelids shut in serenity, "I'm not afraid anymore."

Something that the girl hadn't done in a while was write a song, due to the whole 'war', she'd been distracted. But now was the perfect opportunity for her to just sit back and do it. She'd chosen to write one for Negan, and so far, it had proven harder than she originally thought.

"Forever is a long time."

Brooklyn smiled, poking her tongue through her lips as she scribbled down the lyrics messily in her notebook. She didn't want the song to be cheesy, but still wanted to give him something that he'd enjoy.

She flicked back a few pages, her coffee tinted eyes darting from left to right as she began to read a half-finished song that she'd written shortly after arriving at the sanctuary. It was mostly about her struggles and feelings regarding everything that had happened, but she scrapped it due to not having any motivation to add a melody or finish the lyrics. Though it was a decent start to a song, she left it alone to come back to at some point in the future.

As she went to peel the crumpled paper back to her current page, Brooklyn sighed. This book had been through hell and back. The corners were musty, stained dark yellow from age, and the cover was extremely creased- probably because of the immense amount of time the little black book spent stuffed in the girl's backpack during her travelling days.

Another idea suddenly stirred away in her mind, and she quickly wrote the simple lyrics down in a sloppy cursive. Brooklyn parted her lips, attempting to sing whilst playing the chord that would fit the words best in time, "but I wouldn't... mind! Staying- no... Spending it by your... side?"

This was pure gold, and the girl hoped- no, prayed- that he'd like it. Last thing that she'd want was for Negan to laugh and say what a bunch of shit it was, surely he wouldn't do that though?

Nah.

Brooklyn lips twitched, the corners of her mouth quirking upwards into what she knew to be her signature cheeky grin. Her dimples were on full show as she aimlessly scribbled away, the pencil vigorously scratching against the lined paper.

<><><>

Nearly two hours had passed, but for Brooklyn it had seemed like two minutes. Whenever she became caught up in her writing, it was as if she became lost in her own little world, captivated by the song and the lyrics she was creating.