{41} Eyes Open

"we need to tell you some things"

•••

An array of bright lights was all he could see. Blurred colours, pointless shapes and images with no meaning.

None of it made sense.

There were faint voices as well. Although, he couldn't quite make out who they were or what they were saying. It was almost as if he were nothing, a lost soul drifting aimlessly throughout the unknown. And that feeling was scary; not knowing if you were dead or not was a terrifying feeling.

"When d'you reckon he'll wake up?"

Finally, a voice that did have meaning, a voice that he could understand. However, it only made the man question things more; how long had he been, presumably, asleep? Who's voice was that? More importantly, where was he? Where was Brooklyn?

Brooklyn...

That's when he remembered and everything came flooding in at once; the attack, the screaming, the crying, the gunshots- every little thing.

"He's waking up now- look."

There was a sudden strike of pain inflicting itself on his throat. He coughed, immediately groaning at the sense of agony that was acquired with it. His hands began to tingle, eventually coursing through his body like endless stab wounds repeatedly piercing his skin.

"c'mon-"

Darkness had surrounded him, swallowing him whole and it felt as if it was getting harder to breathe. He began to panic, self-consciously pleading for an escape out of whatever mess he was in. Negan struggled, fingers writhing and wrenching, breathing becoming heavier and heavier until he found himself being pulled upwards and towards a huge source of light.

It was dragging him further and further, almost blinding him!

He screamed in what only could be identified as frustration or confusion and his eyes immediately shot open, "ugh-" He attempted to make out the world around him, which appeared, once again, as a blur.

The man felt only pain, his body drained of every ounce of energy, despite only just waking up. He groggily fluttered his eyelids and gulped, only causing his throat to burn even more than it already was. His vision was slightly distorted, head aching and spinning vigorously.

Negan weakly raised his head, his knowledge telling him that he was bound in some sort of infirmary or medical room. From what he could remember, it was Rick who had tricked him and sliced his neck, resulting in the current situation he was in now.

Wherever he was, this definitely wasn't the sanctuary, but since it was Rick he was dealing with, Negan suspected that he'd be either at Alexandria or Hilltop. Too add to that, he had a number of questions that required urgent answers, like; where was he? What was going to happen to him? How long had he been there for? Though, there was one thing that the man was desperate to know, and that was, where was Brooklyn?

He'd hoped that nothing had happened to her. That women was his world, and he'd never loved someone so much since Lucille. Brooklyn Scotts had lit up his world, as soppy as it sounded, she gave him encouragement, hope and something to hold on to in this life.

"You said he woke up?"

"Yeah, we heard him say something, thought we'd come get you."