{26} Blaze

"I say we light up the fireworks!"

•••

It was mostly dark. The sky's black sheet, layered in a blanket of twinkling stars and the sharp edges of the crescent moon piercing through the mild clouds.

Everything was all just a waiting game now. The outlines of the modernly built suburban houses were seen slightly peeking just above the wall and the drugged guard fell limp over the barriers of the watch post.

Brooklyn's boots clicked along the uneven stone pavement as she strolled impatiently alongside Negan, who was holding a microphone in his spare hand. The Alexandrian gates had been surrounded by saviours holding heavy weaponry and large sticks of life-threatening dynamite.

"They're not gonna let us through," she complained, folding her arms. The suspense was killing her, all she wanted was to get revenge on Alexandria and watch it burn, "lets just blow the damn place to pieces."

Negan chuckled, freely handing the mic over to the girl, "do what you gotta do darlin', I ain't fucking stopping ya."

Giddy, Brooklyn grabbed the microphone, twirling the wire innocently round her fingers. She smacked her lips and giggled at the echo it created, "okayyy, looks like your time is up!" Her voice was humorous yet still shadowed with darkness, "You are an asshole Rick, just know that y'all bought this on yourselves!"

It seemed that Negan was enjoying this. He casually hung an arm around Brooklyn, affectionately pulling her closer to him, "we were willing to work with you!" He bellowed in to the mic that was still clutched within the girl's fingers, "all you had to do was let us in!" His tongue slithered along the base of his lips as they were strung upwards in to a merciless grin, "but you fucking failed, Rick! You failed to save your own people... Scorched earth you dick."

The couple laughed, and as Brooklyn leant in for a kiss, they were both startled by a familiar voice. This of course caused the saviours to aim their weapons towards what surprised them all to be a young boy. Shocked, Brooklyn scoffed and placed her hand sassily on her hip, "holy shit! It's the kid-"

"Carl!" Negan chimed in, proud, "look at you! Answering the door like a big boy!" His spare hand claimed the microphone off of Brooklyn, swapping it with Lucille, "I am so proud," He causally stepped closer to the gates.

The Alexandrian leader's son scowled, his scruffy hair hung in front of his face as he watched his enemy smirk. Brooklyn had to intervene and mimicking Negan's usual actions, she heavily swung the wooden baseball bat on to her right shoulder, letting out a small grunt as she did so. "Your daddy's not home, huh?"

Her voice carried out quite far, despite not having the microphone, and you could still distinctively hear the spite in her tone. At this, Negan's head snapped round, his dark eyes hungrily flickering over Brooklyn's confident stance, "Damn!" He bent his back slightly, beckoning for the girl to come closer, "now would you look at that! My two favourite girls!"

Brooklyn strut over, swinging the barbaric bat from side to side. She trailed her finger along the stubble on Negan's jaw, seductively licking her lips. Negan quietly growled in response, evidently shooting her a wink. "I say we light up the fireworks!" She yelled, her threat booming from the speaker, "let's leave Rick a big ol' smokey surprise!"

Shaking his head, Carl argued back, "there's families in here! Kids-" his disheartened voice cracked, white noise filling his hears as he gazed at the crazy pair with a sense of false hope, "-my little sister."

It would be a lie for Brooklyn to say that she didn't feel partly guilty. Hell, Rick Grimes had a daughter as well, how come she never knew that?! "You have a little sister?" She mumbled, biting her lip.