{21} True Colours

"You are a saviour, which means you fucking belong to me"

•••

"So, what the fuck do you suggest we do?"

The saviours were once again sat around the table, listening carefully to Negan, who was lounging comfortably in his chair with his long legs kicked up like usual. Brooklyn was beside him, her tiny hand intertwined with his leather gloved one.

So many different things were stirring away in her brain, distracting her from the important plans that they were all discussing. It was mostly to do with the huge argument that had happened earlier between herself and the brothers. She tried pushing it all to the back of her mind, but all of the negative thoughts were overshadowing everything, making her feel uneasy and slightly on edge.

"What do you think Brooklyn?"

The girl heavily blinked her baggy eyes, giving her surroundings a chance to show themselves again. She'd been so busy worrying about everything that she'd made herself look like a complete idiot by not paying attention.

Humiliated, Brooklyn chewed on the inside of her cheek, staring aimlessly at Negan for an answer. Even he had noticed that she had been a bit occupied this evening and if he was honest, it was starting to become quite irritable.

"I uh- I think-"

Negan rolled his eyes, interrupting her, "right, I think we'll fucking leave it there." He waved his hand as a sign to dismiss them all, "Hey doctor Smarty pants, we need to have a chat, wait outside and Brooklyn, you stay there."

Everyone solemnly exited the room, and Eugene, who was known for being a coward, shakily nodded his head and stood outside by the door.

Once the two were alone, Negan crossed his arms over his chest, raising one eyebrow in suspicion to the girl's strange mood, "what's wrong with you at the moment? You were fine earlier, but now you're acting like someone's shit in your scrambled eggs."

Stifling a meek smile, Brooklyn shook her head, "nothing's wrong." She pressed her lips together, forming a straight line as Negan studied her expression.

"Bull-fucking-shit," he called out, "something's happened and you're either pissed off or upset. Trust me, I can tell."

Brooklyn huffed, glaring at him in annoyance, "it doesn't matter, I don't wanna talk about it," she heard him sigh, "It's none of your business anyway Negan. So just fucking forget it."

Frustrated, the leader stood up and pulled the girl harshly to her feet. He narrowed his eyes, flicking his tongue against his lips, and for a moment, Brooklyn saw a sudden gleam of hard-hearted callousness flash across his face.

"You're starting to piss me the fuck off Scotts, I know something's up, so just fucking tell me," his voice was menacing, a low growl just above a whisper, "and I'm sorry to alarm you sweetheart, but in case you hadn't noticed- you are a saviour, which means you fucking belong to me. So every single fucking thing you do, is my business." Each word was drenched in poison, adding more emphasis as he spoke.

Brooklyn clenched her jaw, scorning at him with a look of pure resentment, "What the hell Negan? You might wanna ask yourself what's wrong, why are you being a dick?! I don't belong to you and you certainly don't fucking own me!" She wiggled her arm, attempting to free it from the man's strong grip, but of course he wouldn't budge, "get the fuck off of me right now!"

Ignoring her, Negan edged closer so that their faces were mere inches apart. In a rage, he was breathing heavily, his nostrils flaring and veins bulging at the surface of his skin. "News flash princess- the moment you stepped through those gates you became my property," he paused for effect before carrying on, "you think you're entitled to do what the fuck you want and I'm telling you right now, that you're not. So I suggest you tell me what the fuck happened or I won't hesitate to give you a well fucking deserved punishment for wasting my time."