{45} Light Bulb Moment

"he's angry- and you're one of the reasons"

•••

Brooklyn was glad that she had Hunter and Austin. Having them by her side had made it easier for her to cope with everything and she was more than grateful that they had chosen to stick by her.

Her and Austin were both sat around the kitchen island, debating with each other over different plans. "We can't do it with everyone here. It would be better that way, at least then no one will know that you and your brother are in on it!" She argued.

Putting this plan together had been harder than they had originally calculated. Every time one of them came up with something, the other disagreed. The youngest brother shook his head, scowling, "no B! It's more risky!"

They'd been at it all day, bickering with each other over numerous ideas. It was stupid really, but the two of them wanted something that was fool proof! Something that was bound to go perfectly right and have absolutely no flaws.

Some could say, however, that the concept of that ideology was impossible.

Before Brooklyn could respond, Hunter burst through the front door. Judging by the expression on his face, something was wrong, "what's up?" Brooklyn awaited for his answer, peeking down at her notes whilst doing so.

"Rick," he trekked in to the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water, "he went to visit Negan a few days ago with Daryl on the day when we gave the message." In a panic, he slurped on his drink until the glass was empty and slammed it abruptly on the unit.

Brooklyn, without breaking a sweat, shrugged, "so? How do you know?" She didn't want to worry him just in case this whole plan had been found out. After all, she did promise that if they did get caught? The whole blame would be on her.

The eldest arched his back up against the counter and held his head in his hands. "Rick told me whilst I was out guarding the cell. He said he needs to talk to us about something and he'll be over in ten minutes!"

Now was not the time to panic. Brooklyn felt butterflies consume her stomach and she sighed, "when did he tell you that?" She was hoping they at least had a little time to clean up any evidence of their plan.

"About five minutes before I gave Negan his meal. So it could be any minute now..."

"Fucking great!" Both Brooklyn and Austin fled from their seats, scraping the masses of notes from the small kitchen island. They, quite literally, ran up the stairs as if taking part in some sort of race and made their way in to Brooklyn's bedroom.

In a fluster, the girl flung the closet door open and stashed the various sheets in there, as did Austin. "D'you think that'll do?" He questioned, hands on hips.

To be honest, she didn't know. But right now, Brooklyn had to be strong. She bit her bottom lip, motioning her head towards the door, "yeah c'mon. Let's go downstairs."

Without Negan around? Things felt different. Everything felt quieter and it wasn't the same. There were no cocky remarks or twisted jokes for him to wind people up with. Just the other day, Brooklyn had gone for a walk around the streets to clear her mind. And despite all the chatter coming from other civilians? It still felt too quiet for her liking.

Brooklyn had practically been working on the first thing she was going to say to him when she finally saw him. Although, some parts of her were worried that he'd feel angered or betrayed with some of the choices she'd made.