{30} Care

"Admit that you are jealous and that you're an asshole, and I'll forgive you"

•••

Saviours swarmed around the man as if he were their God. Each expression read something different; shock, fear, excitement, intrigue- every single emotion that could possibly be evoked, was there. What made it worse, was that the leader fed off of their reactions. It fuelled him, giving him the ability to parade around like a well-respected king.

A ruthless grin plastered Negan's face, the crevices of his crooked lips hung so close to his ears that it seemed almost absurd. "No more smashing and bashing!" He bellowed, continuing his speech that had been occurring for a while now. A battered, and blood drenched Lucille was dangled up in to the air, wiggling from side to side as the man emitted a chuckle, "with this well, this, it can just be a touch- or a big wet kiss!"

Dwight hurriedly pushed himself to the front of the gawking crowd, his Adam's apple bouncing up and down in his throat at the sight before him. "Either way, this gets you full membership, and that's what we want! We want people to join the club!" Negan maliciously wetted his lips, smothering the barbed top of the barbaric bat against the stagnant innards of a snarling, chained up roamer. "Hilltop is gonna learn to toe the line one way or another- or some kinda shit in between..."

There were more things that were a concern to the deceiving lieutenant right now, and even though he was secretly supposed to be getting information back to Rick and the group- Dwight was sure that Negan would be furious if he wasn't informed about the current situation regarding Brooklyn. He waited for the speech to finish and for the other saviours to disperse before shamefully trotting towards the leather clad man.

"Boss?"

Negan spun round on the ball of his foot, another smirk appearing on his lips at the sight of the man who he presumed was dead, "Holy shit D! You're alive!" He swung an arm around the scraggly blonde and patted his shoulder, "I'm guessing that Brooklyn found you?"

Part of Dwight still hadn't figured out how he was supposed to tell the man that his girlfriend was dozing in and out of consciousness, with a large gash dented in to her skull. However, he knew that whatever he did say, was going to be the difference between life or death. "Yeah she did, but, uh-"

"Send her up to my room, we need to get ready for tomorrow if-"

"I can't sir," Dwight breathed, sinking his teeth in to his bottom lip when he realised that he'd accidentally interrupted the man without thinking.

Squinting his eyes, Negan cocked his head and showcased a beaming grin that seemed laced with a hidden sense of anger, "I'm sorry D but-" he paused, "-did you lose your damn manners whilst you were out there?"

Dwight instinctively bowed his head and gulped, "no- I'm sorry Negan," he met the man's gaze, softening his expression, "but it's Brooklyn. She's, well, she's-"

"Well?!" Negan irritably smacked his lips, whatever was going on had to be important, "fucking spit out then!"

The belittled saviour pondered his options and sincerely spat out those two words that could determine his fate- "She's hurt."

In a matter of seconds, the boss had seemed to present an emotion that no saviour had ever seen before- fear. He yanked the nape of Dwight's shirt, scrunching it tightly between his gloved fingers before violently slamming him against the chain-link fencing, "what the fuck happened?!" His staggered breaths seeped through his gritted teeth as he tried so desperately to compose himself and hide his worry.