{18} Surprise, Surprise!

"I don't want to lose you"

•••

The air was heavy and thick. Brooklyn could feel the cold wind, gushing through her hair. Each second longer that she stood up on the metal railing, the girl was finding it harder to breathe.

She was scared. Not for herself but for Negan, for the saviours, for the place she called her home. Yet it angered her that all Negan was doing was parading around, putting on a show for Rick and his gang of pricks.

Why wasn't he ordering his men to attack? Surely they'd outnumber Alexandria and the other groups? The words rung in Brooklyn's ears as Negan placed an arm protectively around her shoulder, bringing her back to the reality she was in, "So Rick, what the hell can we do for ya?"

It surprised her when Rick partly showed himself. He began pointing at each saviour and the girl could tell that he was determined to do this.

"Dwight, your name's Simon, you're Gavin, Arat," he stopped at one, tilting his head slightly, "You?"

Boldly stepping forward, the woman spat out her name, "Regina." Rick nodded and glared at Eugene, who was a quivering mess and even Brooklyn was beginning to wonder how he'd even ended up as a saviour.

"Rick I feel missed-" stuttered the doctor, gulping as the Alexandrian leader cut him off.

"No- I know who you are," he snarled, "Listen you six, inside. You have a chance to survive here. To survive this, y'all can live if you surrender. Can't guarantee it at any point but now. Right now."

Brooklyn clutched on to Negan's arm, this was where she was meant to hide her fear, destroy the enemy with her taunting jokes but she couldn't. She felt like there was no point. They weren't playing games here.

All of the saviours remained still, glancing at one another whilst trying to act as fearless as possible. Yet the only person who found light in the current situation was Negan, his lips were painted with a signature grin.

He flicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, contemplating on Rick's words. "So they surrender? And your little piss patrol doesn't kill them?" He stopped and motioned his other arm towards the metal armour, "that sounds like a good fucking deal!"

Then gazing down on the girl wrapped in his embrace, he narrowed his eyes, "but, what about me Rick? What about my girl Brooklyn here? She hasn't done shit to you."

Clenching his jaw, Rick scowled at them both, "I told you twice, you know what's going to happen," then shooting a glare at Brooklyn, he scoffed, "and you? You've had your chances to surrender and after coming in to my home and threatening my people, your chances are gone."

Brooklyn tore her arm away from Negan and stormed right up to the edge of the metal hand railing, "You're delusional, Rick! I came there to talk, which is lucky for you considering what I could've done! But your people? They tried to attack me so I defended myself." She buried her head in her hands and sighed, "fucking prick."

Her confidence meter was through the roof now and the girl felt raring to go, "You think you have the numbers for this fight?" She yelled, "you don't!"

She smirked as Rick hid himself, presumably to talk amongst his people. Brooklyn was hunched over the railing, a few tears threatening to fall. She didn't want to lose Negan, she wasn't ready to.

Making her flinch, Negan's arm slithered itself round her torso, pulling her in to his arms. She free willingly hugged him back, burying her head in to the crease of his leather jacket, "I don't want to lose you."