{42} Outside

"I have to get him out of that cell. I love him"

•••

It had been a week. A whole week of screaming, crying, puking, regretting and giving death threats to people who may or may not have deserved it.

In short, Brooklyn was feeling worse than ever. She was at her own breaking point. She hadn't done anything all week apart from sit in her room, mourning about everything whilst wrapped up in Negan's clothes. In fact, that's where she was now.

The only good thing about spending her time alone was that she was able to think about everything. Although the girl knew that didn't make it alright. Austin and Hunter had been worried sick, especially Austin, since he knew about the pregnancy, whereas Hunter was yet to know.

Being pregnant was something that Brooklyn had always wanted though. When she was little she used to imagine having a family, always talking about what names her children would have and wondering who her Prince Charming would be. Though now, she didn't feel happy about it and she knew she wouldn't be happy about it unless Negan was there with her.

That of course wasn't going to happen. And as she sat cross legged on her bed, drunk in sadness and sorrow, she couldn't figure out what she was supposed to do. Brooklyn knew that she couldn't sob in her room for the rest of her life, as appealing as it sounded right now. Obviously she wanted adventure, she wanted purpose- but in Alexandria, she wasn't sure how to gain that.

"Hey B?"

The door creaked open, the warm presence of another person slowly entering the room. Just by the nickname, Brooklyn already knew who it was. She glanced out the window, focusing on Negan's cell and with a slight crack in her voice, gently told the boy- "go away Austin."

But, he refused. "No, for Christ sakes!" He marched in annoyance towards the bed, gaining Brooklyn's attention, and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. "You can't just sit here for the rest of your life, crying B! Negan wouldn't want that! It's not healthy, and we're worried about you!" Austin lowered his tone to an angry whisper, adding on- "it can't be good for the baby either!"

His words had seemed to have affected her like a slap in the face, and she sat there, dazed. "I want him so badly Austin," she howled, hugging her knees to her chest, "I need to see him."

Austin huffed and sat down beside her. He sprung an arm around her shaking frame, unsure of what to do, "I don't know what to do Brooklyn. I honestly have no idea." The boy waited for another opportunity to carry on, and so, he allowed her to express more tears before speaking. "Hunter spoke to Rick yesterday. He's got a job guarding the cell."

"He has?" This piqued Brooklyn's interest. For the first time in days, she was actually interested in something. Maybe, somehow, she could get a message to Negan, "well- when does he start?!" It felt odd to smile again. In truth, she hadn't stretched her lips and beamed her teeth in so long just to showcase a grin, so she had a right to feel indifferent doing it.

Just when she thought that luck was on her side, Austin had to add on, "slow down, B. He swore an oath to Rick, saying that if he ever tries anything he's not supposed to? Him and I get banished from Alexandria without any second chances."

Well, that was Brooklyn's plan out the window. She sighed, her content facial expression fading away into another look of emptiness. "Do you wanna- ?" She hesitated and sat up, "do you wanna go for a walk? I- I need to get some air, maybe we could go on a supply run or- or something?"

As a matter of fact, Brooklyn didn't know where that idea came from. She guessed that it was her inner self pleading to come back. Anyhow, Austin seemed up for the idea, "yeah! Definitely, B!" He hopped up and held a hand out to the girl, helping her to her feet. Of course she was a bit wobbly, the only time she'd left her room this week would be to go to the toilet or to vomit.