{34} Home Sweet Home?

"You punch like a girl"

•••

There it was. The sanctuary.

It had taken Brooklyn longer to get back home, considering she'd hot-wired an old car that ended up dying on her and had to trudge solemnly all the way back. But despite that, she was still glad that she made it back alive.

During her journey home, the girl had devised a plan. Instead of parading through the gates and announcing her presence like the outgoing person that she was, Brooklyn decided that she was going to take a cautious approach and sneak in. That way, she could find Hunter and Austin, explain everything that happened and then finally get her vengeance on Simon. It sounded like your typical action movie, but Brooklyn knew that Simon was going to get what was coming for him- and boy was he going to get a shock.

Clinging on to the chain link fencing, Brooklyn pursed her lips, her eyes scanning the area around her. The guards were all gathered together, chatting humorously amongst themselves- clearly distracted. The girl deviously grinned and began to clamber up the fence, her feet rattling against the metal. She groaned, using all of her strength to pull herself upwards and over before landing on the gravel with a thud.

Brooklyn suspected it to be early lunchtime, so the fact that it was bright and sunny, didn't exactly help her cause on trying to sneak in without getting noticed. Nonetheless, she managed to secretly hurry towards one of the side-doors and heave it open.

With quick strides and a steady pace, the saviour was able to make it to the brothers room, now all she had to do was hope that they were in there on such a delightfully hot day. She knocked effortlessly on the door, clicking her knuckles whilst waiting for someone to answer.

It didn't take long before the lock rustled and the wooden door swung open, revealing Hunter. As soon as Brooklyn saw him, she enveloped him in a strong hug, burying her head in to the crook of his neck, "you have no idea how happy I am to see someone I actually trust," she muttered, squeezing him tightly.

"Brooklyn?" He reluctantly hugged her back, relieved to know that she was ok, "where the hell have you been? Everyone thought you and Negan were dead! Wait, is Negan back too?"

Frowning, Brooklyn shook her head and wondered in to the room, "no, I don't know where he is." She sat down at the table and began to fumble with her fingers, explaining everything that had happened to her in the past three days.

Hunter tried his best to support the girl, listening intently to everything she told him. "Wait, so no one knows you're here?" He asked, handing her a bottle of water and a new bandage for the wound on her head.

"No. I actually need your help with something." Brooklyn unscrewed the bottle lid, gulping down a mouthful of water, "I need you to come with me to my room to get a walkie talkie."

The boy chuckled, confused at the odd request, "uh, yeah sure... why'd you need one?"

It was obvious that whatever Brooklyn told him, Hunter was going to be annoyed. She knew that trying to take down Simon whilst he was under the control of the sanctuary was absurd, let alone dangerous. If she was going to kill him, she was going to have to be smart about it.

"I'm going to kill Simon," she said, jumping up from her seat, "I need to do it before he finds out I'm here or in case Negan comes back and Simon tries to kill him instead."

There were so many questions that the boy had, he didn't even know where to begin, "wait what?! You can't be serious Brooke!" He grasped her arm, pulling her back towards him, "I get that he tried to hurt you, but, I don't think this is a good idea... I mean, how the hell are you gonna pull this off?"