{57} The Murder

"I'm the owner, you are my pet. Don't make me punish you!"

•••

Everything felt- messy.

A metallic taste lingered on the numbness of her bitter tongue and her mouth was dry- bone dry even. Every living fibre in her body was aching, her muscles were sore and her eyes had barely any energy left to fully flutter open. Brooklyn shuddered, the immediate movement causing a rowdy cough to rattle from her throat.

With little to no motivation, she pressed her tingling hands against the stone tiles of which she'd been sprawled out on, and sat up. The space surrounding her was unfamiliar, and it seemed as though she was being captivated in some sort of prison-like room.

"H-hello?"

Her voice was husky, the lack of water was explainable for that. She frantically turned her head, only to find the same four walls boxing her timid self in. A faint yellow glow was emerging from the gap beneath the metal door, highlighting the vermillion patches that were hauntingly splattered around the wall, as well as the long streak of dried blood that created a pathway towards the exit. And what made matters worse, was that it wasn't even the worst part. Brooklyn felt like crying at the sight, her baggy eyelids locked on the pile of rotting bones and the half torn human carcass tossed aside carelessly in the corner.

Wherever she was, she wasn't a big fan of the place.

Cobwebs were strung from the high crevices of the room, dangling down like worn out party banners. There was no telling where she was or how long she'd been there for. All she remembered was that disgusting man, Bones. Now that she thought about it, it was quite a fitting name.

If she was going to get out of here, she needed some sort of plan and a weapon to defend herself with. Brooklyn's first instinct was to rummage through the putrid stack of dead body parts in the corner to see if there was a sharp bone that she could use. It was a disgusting idea, but if it was the only one she had, then it would have to do, right?

Brooklyn shuffled quickly across the cold floor, a sudden rush of adrenaline kicking into her system, motivating her for the bumpy ride she was yet to encounter. Her nose wrinkled at the strong stench of decomposed body innards, and if it wasn't for her strong willpower, she most likely would have puked.

Hands deep, the girl poked and prodded around the body, eyes eventually lighting up at the discovery of a jagged edge. She carefully yanked it out from the pile, studying it in her hands. It was some sort of bone, big enough to belong to a human, that thought alone making her more terrified than she already was.

"Holy shi-" her own muttering was interrupted by the sound of heavy boots clomping closer and closer towards where she was being held. Whoever it was, seemed to stop beyond the door, their shadow looming over the glow that was lighting the cell. Brooklyn felt a huge lump forming in her throat, wedging itself between her airways and causing her to momentarily forget how to breath. She scampered quickly to her feet and held her poor excuse for a makeshift weapon in the air, awaiting her captor's arrival.

The long drawled out squeal of the door filled the eerie quietness of the room, a flood of light gushing in behind the tall figure that stepped inside. Brooklyn wasted no time and pounced forwards, her teeth clenching as she drove the sharp edge straight in to the person's neck. She had no regrets, nor did she care about the life she had just taken. Her eyes watched with no mercy as the man fell to the floor with a pleading gurgle, the stream of light revealing his colourless face.