|5| The One Who Rejected Oikawa

"Mom?" you say as you watch your mother place food on the table for you, your sister and brother.

"Yes?" she says looking at you as she takes a seat next to your father.

"Is it okay for me to stay after school tomorrow? There's this volleyball practice match that I would like to see with a friend," you ask but also explain because your mother wants every information for the thing you ask her for.

And because you're home with your family, everyone talks in English.

"You have a friend?" Your brother, Mark, and your sister, Jia-Li, both ask at the same time as they were surprised to hear that you have a friend. However, they said it in a sarcastic manner. As they were joking around.

"I get that I don't have many friends but don't sound so surprised!" you tell your little siblings who shrug and just continue to eat there food.

"Who's this friend?" you father ask.

"Her name is Ena Yui. She's a classmate of mine. Really nice and she invited me to watch the game with her and I would like to, so can I?" you ask nervously while your father looks at your mother as she makes most of these decision.

"I don't know, what time does it finish?" you mother ask and you shrug.

"I don't know. It's a practice match but I think before six or seven but I'll leave if it gets too late or you can call me and tell me to come home. Please, I would like to go," you ask while your mother thinks about it.

Even though you're eighteen you need to ask permission. As long as you live under your parents roof, you live under their rules. You have a good relationship with them, they trust you of course but they also want you to be safe.

You needed a way to convince her and you just thought of it, "Dad, Lilith, the CEO's daughter. She's helps the team that's going to have to practice match with the boy's volleyball team at school. She even invited me as well," you say which got your father to smile because he knew what you were planning.

He's smiling because he's glad that his eldest daughter is smart. And so he nods.

"So, you're going to watch the boy's volleyball play?" Mark, your little brother but also the youngest of three, ask as he looks at you and you nod. 

"Honey, I think we should let her. I mean, she's old enough to stay out and hang out with her friends. I mean, we know she's responsible enough to not do anything stupid. Has she even done anything for you to not trust her?" your father ask as he looks at his wife.

"No, she hasn't but you know me and how I worry," your mother says. She then looks at you see could see how you wanted to stay after school so she sighs, "Alright but don't stay out too late, okay? You text me when it's over and when you get into the bus, understand?"

"Promise!" you tell her with a bright smile and your mother smiles just by seeing you happy.

You were glad that you were able to get permission from your parents. Because of you fear of disappointing them, you have became their kid who they trust very much. They trust you with there credits cards even.

They know that you would ever do anything stupid. You don't lie where you go nor do you make excuses. You tell them the truth because lying eats you alive which is why you're sort of your parents favourite even though they say they don't have a favourite.

No matter what your other siblings may say, they would always believe you. Your brother Mark looks up to you. He even told you how you were his hero but your sister, you never really had a fight with her. You were both good with each other.