12- Singing competition

[~Don't play the song yet~]

It was the day of the festival, Mirio, and Eri were at the class 1-A concert, since I'm not good with crowds I decided to go with Nejire, while she's getting for her beauty contest. I was staring at her, Tamaki right next to me, I pulled my mask down since I needed a breather but while looking at her I felt so insecure.

Why can't I be pretty...like her? She's so stunning and I'm just here...Tamaki would so date her instead of me- wait why am I feeling jealous, do I like Tamaki or is it because I wanna be pretty like Nejire? I mean he's a good friend but whenever I'm around him it's like the world is a better place, wait....please don't make me fall for him, I'll end up getting heartbroken.

I felt a tap on my shoulder causing me to flinch, "C-Crap! Don't scare me like that..." I say turning red as in being embarrassed, Tamaki chuckled "I'm sorry, It's just that you looked kinda sad, I guess you were overthinking something, if you wanna talk about it, I'm here." He said giving me a smile.

'Butterflies' I thought to myself, I waved him a small fake smile, he knew it was fake but didn't say anything, "I'm fine, but thank you Tamaki!" I say slipping my mask back on. "Insecure..?" Tamaki let's out, I looked at him shocked, that was so random, "Huh!?" Is I could let out, "I said that out loud didn't I?" Slapping his forehead as in he's disappointed in himself. "It's fine, trust me." Looking back at Nejire.

"Hey guys! What about this dress?" She says happily, "it's really pretty." Tamaki says looking at her kinda smiling bigger than before, my stomach sank...why does this hurt? Is it because how pretty Nejire is?

"Y-Yeah it really is!" I say scratching the back of my neck, "Thank you guys." She says clapping her hands together.

~~~~~~~ Time skippppp ~~~~~~~~~~~

Nejire won first place in her competition, I'm glad. I was currently getting ready for the competition I signed up for which was the singing competition. Every male and female were required to wear something fancy, which sucked, I was alone looking at the dress I was currently wearing.

 Every male and female were required to wear something fancy, which sucked, I was alone looking at the dress I was currently wearing

(Instead of heels, let's do flats lmao, if you don't like this, I'm sorry, create an image in your head!)

Why do I look so fat? Should I wear a mask or something...?

A lady walked in the room and said "Hey! Here is a mask it'll cover half or full of your face these are the three choices you have, but when you're done singing please take off the mask, everyone else will be doing this." She said setting down the three masks and moving to the next room in a rush.